Stuttering movie

vbimport

Using MJ3 to backup DVD to SVCD leads to stuttering movie when using livingroom DVD player.
Using PC software player works great.
Have tried two different PC`s to make a backup but with same results, have also tried two different livingroom DVD players.

Any sugestions to resolve this ?

Regards
nest

Which exact version do you use, do you encode in PAL or NTSC, did you try cd-r recorded with other programs successfully?

Im using 3.08.006 and the media works with other programs.
I encode in PAL.

I lent one of my backups to a friend, for him to test it in his DVD-player . He sayed that it looked OK, just a glitch now and then.

I wonder if maby some cheap livingroom DVD players can`t play SVCD but just VCD correctly ?

Does this make sense ?

Regards
nest

I wonder if you could make an image of one of the cds and send me the first few megabytes? Just for analysis. There may be compatibility issues with the cd media in your player, your cd-recorder or with the data on the cd. I can examine the video stream to exclude the latter at least.

Originally posted by nest
I wonder if maby some cheap livingroom DVD players can`t play SVCD but just VCD correctly ?

That is very correct. SVCD playback suport for DVD Players is a lot less than for VCD playback suport unfortunately.

Thank you, D_S and CM, for your support.
My two DVD standalone players is not good enough to play SVCD.
All my SVCD backups works on my friends DVD which is a Pioneer DV-454-K.

Regards
nest

you could try the header trick on your svcd…
it will make the dvd think it is a vcd instead of svcd