Stupidest Noob question in the world!

vbimport

Okay, this is my first post, so I’m a total noob. But if you guys can’t help me, I’m not sure anyone can.

I’m ripping a TV show from DVD to an external hard drive. I’m using a ripping program called Magic DVD Ripper. It’s simple, it was a free download, and it ripped the movie files from the DVD without any compression to MPEG or DIVX or AVI, which is what I wanted. I’m not sure my old DVD player can handle those.

Okay, so here’s my question: I ripped an episode. In the folder on my hard drive, I have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. There’s nothing in the audio folder. In the video folder, there are six files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.BUP
VTS_01_2.VOB

Okay, so I burned one episode and it worked in my DVD player. Awesome. But I want to put two episodes on a blank DVD-R to save money and room. Here’s the problem. I’m using NERO Start Smart, which I believe is Nero 6. The option I use is “BURN DVD VIDEO FILES”.

So I add one episode’s AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. Cool. Still half the disc left. I try to add another. It gives me a message saying the six files I listed above are already added, do I want to replace them?

Well of course not! Those are for a different episode!

Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance if anyone can set this poor noob straight.

• Mike

Im no expert but I think your problem is the files your adding to Nero are the same name-You may have to change the name of the file to add them. Its just a guess by me. Hope this helps you a little??

Changing the name would not be advisable as VIDEO_TS is a recognised DVD Folder. One way would be to use Nero Vision Express. Rip both Episodes and grab the .vob files only from each Episodes Folder. Drop them into the project, create a menu and process the job, which will create new .ifo’s and .bup’s. Finished product will be a DVD with a menu to select which episode to play.

Yeah, I tried changing the names last night but it didn’t work.

Okay, I get what you’re saying, pollushon, but what does Nero Vision Express have that my Nero Start Smart doesn’t? Wouldn’t Nero Burning Rom be able to do the same thing?

In Simple terms - Authoring Capabilities.

Nero Burning ROM is just a Burning Engine.

Okay, I’ll look for a place to download it and give it a shot. Thanks!

I’m looking at the CD that came with my burner. There are two programs, one called PowerDVD and one called PowerProducer Gold. Ever heard of these? Think they would do the trick?

Not sure about PowerDVD but PPgold is used for capturing video. I use it for making DVD’s from VHS.

as suggested - NeroVision Express 3. make dvd/add vobs . .

Gotcha. Downloaded it. Looks like it’s doing the trick. Thanks, y’all!