Stupid question

vbimport

when I use clonedvd2 alot of the time it says “transcoder disabled” because I do not need to compress a movie as I usually do movie only, does that mean I am getting an exact replica of the original dvd?

Thanks

Brandon

@ Brandon The Boss,

Perchance have you ensured that you are using AnyDVD v5.9.5.3 and CloneDVD v2.8.9.2? Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest current version.

If the CloneDVD “Quality Bar” indicates 100% means that you are not transcoding the data but does not mean you are getting an “Exact Replica” of the Original Commercial DVD Movie Title.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I have had anydvd and clonedvd2 for some time now.

What I was trying to say was if the transcoder is disabled then I will have an exact copy of the movie (movie only).

I never bother with menu’s and extras, just the main movie.

Thanks for the reply

Sorry it’s been one of those days where I cant get my words out properly :o

p.s. Is this the same with recode 2 if it says 100% quality no transcoder will be used???

As I understand how these things work - -
“Transcoder Disabled” means no additional compression is being applied to the video. Some modifications still take place in order to ensure the resulting dvd plays properly, but it should look identical to the original in these cases.

So if clonedvd2 says transcoder disabled I am getting 100% quality just like the original movie (movie only) dvd, correct?

I am asking this so I dont have to use DVD-Rebuilder which takes up to 2 hours for 1 movie.

In a word, yes…