Stupid question about Bly ray rewritable

vbimport

How many times you can rewrite on most blu ray rewritable disks?

Also how long does it take "approximately " to delete and rewrite 50gb bluray.

Pick a review here on myCE and please read.

Whole sentence without an answer. Do you feel better about yourself?

The claims made by the manufacturers for writing to BD-RE disks vary tremendously, from 1000 times (Verbatim) to an over the top estimate by TDK of 10,000 times. I doubt any of us in the forums can give you a definitive answer.

I haven’t used 50gb BD-RE, only 25gb, but the very first format of the disk has to be a full format, and takes quite a while. I haven’t timed it, but I just go do something else for an hour or so. Burning the data takes just as long at 2x. Once you have done the full format, you can just do quick erases after that, which take very little time at all. I use ImgBurn for all this.

Perhaps someone with direct experience using 50gb disks will chime in.

A long time ago I gave up on rewritables, I just use write once. I use them for Backing up Movies, why would you want to write over them? All I use now are Verbatim BD-R or BD-R DL to do my Back-ups. These Disks work flawlessly, I wouldn’t use anything else. :cool:

I do not collect movies. I rent netflix. I have about 5-6 years between watching the same movie.
The reason for needing BDRE is my schedule. It differs with the schedule of my wife. Sometimes I would keep a Blu Ray for a month only so she can watch it.
So I was thinking to buy a burner and burn a movie so she can watch it later.
I own a SageTV ,hd100 and hd200 but am not happy with the 24p playback compared to my PS3.
That is way I need a burner plus 5-6 rewritable 50gb

I do not collect movies. I rent netflix.

Then you shouldn’t be asking around here about copying them…:cop:
Please re-read the rulez.

I do not share or keep them.
Also I only choose titles from the library of congress list which makes it legal. HAHAHAHAHAHA

In order to make this forum an enjoyable place for everyone there are some things that might help us all to achieve this. There are several rules that must be taken into consideration and we like to give you a few tips to help you find the answer to your question quicker. The rules: We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:
Language that is obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or violate any laws;
Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;
Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;
Offerings of products (tangible or intangible) and services that you do not have legal disposition over.
We do not allow:
Spam (Spam is unsolicited e-mail (or news postings and Private Messages) pushing a point);
Referral Programmes or Pyramid Schemes (links to websites through which you have a personal gain);
Cross posting (posting the same message in more than one forum (one posting per language is permitted in certain circumstances));
Rude and disrespectful behaviour, whether it is to fellow members of this forum [U]or the staff of this forum.[/U]

And your request (and response) don’t violate these rules how? Please PM me and let me know.

Everything in the library of congress does not apply to copy write law. It belongs to the people. :wink:

Items placed in the LOC do not automatically rescind Copyright.

Check your sources.

OK, Find on these (or any other reliable) websites: http://www.copyright.gov/ or http://www.loc.gov/index.html where a work simply being in the library of Congress makes it public domain. I’ve requested this thread be closed for the reasons cited in post 10. I can have it reopened if you can PM me a link that supports your position.