Stupid apple

vbimport

I had this problem before. all i want is to download the quicktime movie trailers from their website. damn they dont allow me to use getright. whats their problem. the trailers are free anyway. I wanted to download Star trek - Nemisis, T3 rise of the Machines. i was aborted 10 times. its so frustrating. anyone got direct links for these trailers. (full screen trailers).
please please please ...:slight_smile:

now i spend about 1 hour downloading the star trek Nemesis trailer and at the end it says “the movie does not allow saving” this is so freaking stupid. all quicktime people are assholes.

(forgive the use of language but its really really frustrating)

Have you checked your temporary internet settings?

First, open it via webpage, and wait until it has completely loaded. Then, search for the file that has loaded on your hard drive, and copy it to the desktop. It should still work.

Also… Whenever I try to install quicktime, it wont work. It freezes at the “Making Registry Entries” Point. I can’t view any quicktime movie. Any ideas?

Vishtaspa, as Tax and SirD suggested, download the movie from their site (don’t use a download manager). After it has finished, check your temporary internet files directory, there you should find the downloaded file in a temp form (the name might be unrecognisable - but should distinguish it due to its large size). Then just copy/paste it somewhere else in your hdd and there you have it :wink:

@ SirD

I never had problems with installing quicktime neither in XP nor Me. All i can think off is that maybe it would work if you tried installing having bypassed your startup files or something. Maybe there is something in the background that “doesn’t like it” :wink:

Originally posted by vishtaspa
I had this problem before. all i want is to download the quicktime movie trailers from their website. damn they dont allow me to use getright. whats their problem. the trailers are free anyway. I wanted to download Star trek - Nemisis, T3 rise of the Machines. i was aborted 10 times. its so frustrating. anyone got direct links for these trailers. (full screen trailers).
please please please …:slight_smile:

The reason they don’t let you use download managers are because they keep pinging the sites, which have enough traffic as it is already. Download managers are usually brute force and keep attacking a site until it gets what it came for.

Often, you can get banned from sites that specifically says not to use them. It’s server side so it’s automatic if you abuse the site, you get banned.

Originally posted by animecabbit
[B]

The reason they don’t let you use download managers are because they keep pinging the sites, which have enough traffic as it is already. Download managers are usually brute force and keep attacking a site until it gets what it came for.

Often, you can get banned from sites that specifically says not to use them. It’s server side so it’s automatic if you abuse the site, you get banned. [/B]

Sheesh, the way you make it sound i feel really bad using a download manager. Yet for people with 56k modems such as I this is the only way of getting large files.

I totally agree with FlyingDutchman and ultimately with vishtaspa. If it was not for ReGet (or Opera, which supports resume downloading!), I’d never be able to download anything larger than a few megs. 56K modem are a pain (lucky when I’m able to download at much faster than 3.5 or 4 kB/s) but I have no choice where I live (in a 20 house ‘village’ in the boonies, lucky enough to have a telephone even!) and even then I get all kinds of line disruptions.

[rant]
What irks me most is the TelCo has a fiberoptic line right at my door step (since 1998) but yet still refuses to let users connect to it. Worse, I recently found out by someone in government that this is on purpose and was decided for political reasons! Apparently the government and the TelCo have agreed that the municipal offices would have the prioririty and have decreed that if the municipality have not deeemed necessary to connect to the high speed network, than no one in the muicipality can. Don’t want individuals to be more empowered than our governments are, would be sinful! Typical dictatorial attitude we are faced with daily in our province… ‘Done that way for the greater good’…
[/rant]

I know the feeling of that happening I have a similar rant.

[rant]

Where I live (two miles out side a town of what must be at big town) There is no high speed internet of any sort :frowning: ok fair enough you say not everywhere has cable/ADSL but the two biggest nearby cities do - they are 20 and 25 miles away. If you draw i straight line between the two, the town where i live is slap bang on it and on the motorway that runs between then. Yet BT has no plans to ADSL enable the local telephone exchange :frowning: ok this just generally irritates me, but then i found out that some disadvantaged area grant (or something like that) for a huge number of millions of pounds has been made to enable a load of exchanges in the very rural nabouring county, where;

a) not many people live
b) the people that do are largely retired and old -> not likely to want high speed internet
c) as implied by the type of grant its a poor area so there arent likely to be huge uptakes amongst even the few people who do want it

Seems like a very bad use of public money to try and get some grubby politician* re-elected if you ask me, and it really annoyed me when i found out :a

[/rant]

Another less related rant;

[rant]

*Politician :Z Deffinition; (in my opinion)

Man/woman with dubious social ideas.

Primary interest – getting re-elected (and other self serving things)

Secondary interest - paying self as much money as possible

Tertiary interests - Putting in “traffic calming” (motorist enraging) measures, pedestrian zones, and getting rid of parking spaces to really annoy people.

Other Minor interests - Oh yes what was i elected to do apart from the above hum… :confused: oh yes i remember trying to make life bettter for my constituents and represent there interests…

Other characteristics and tendencies to note no note:

:frowning: Politicians are never straight forward they are always conniving and scheming they are underhand and misleading creeping about in the proverbial shadows particularly when it comes to raising taxes which they do deviously and then almost plain faced lie about.

:frowning: Politicians are normally people who have very little knowledge/experience of life out side of politics. Where they do, it is generally short because they were no good at it so they went into politics, and hence have no idea what they should actually be doing.

:frowning: Politicians can not be trusted they never give you a straight answer to a straight question, and when they do give you an answer that looks as though it might actually relate to the specifics of the question you asked, don’t expect it to be true, or the politician to act accordingly for more than the next 5 seconds.

:frowning: Never believe politicians statistics – they are generally very selective and doctored with all sorts of clauses so they seem to back up what the politician wants to say is happening even if all other evidence is to the contrary.

:frowning: Politicians are easily board its too much effort for them to do what they ought to be doing, :confused: so they gather into clubs with other politicians to make pointless and waste full laws (so it looks like they do something other than gear/cheer like a drunken mob in a big building). The clubs also known as regional assembly, the various European commissions, and the European parliament, serve mainly to waste public money, create jobs for more spivey politicians, create more beaurocracy so nothing gets done, indulge in social/political experiments like the EU to perpetuate the situation.

[/rant]

Right that feels better :slight_smile: - more than the usual 10cents worth.

well i had downloaded mission inpossible 2 trailer (about 17mb) when that was out. i found the file in the temporary files folder. i tried to do the same when i downloaded star trek - nemisis. i could not find the file. why why why …

It might get deleted by quick time after you start viewing it you could have a look with a file recovery program (like Forensic Utility Suite) and see :wink:

forget it. stupid apple. :a

kinda late reply… :bow:

It’s not apple’s fault. If you want that feature to save to disk, you have to pay for the pro version, or look in your internet cache, not your temp folder.

Also, have you thought about right clicking the file and select save as…? If it doesn’t go to a script file, it will let you download it.

i looked in the temp folder

i looked in the temporary internet files folder.

i searched to whole HDD for .mov files

i tried “save” and “save as” options in quicktime. (using quicktime pro by the way). it says "this type of file cannot be saved.

i give up…

The way I deal with this despicable behaviour by companies that shows contempt for the user is that right after the download and before the file has finished playing, to make a seach of the HD for any file of the approximate size and save that under a different name in an alternate location. That way, while the original undoubtedly will get erased the copy won’t.

It’s worked for me in the past with apple quicktime MOV files.

My condolences, the unfortunate thing is that Micro$oft is getting more and more like Apple in that respect that users are considered ignorant and should be kept ignorant and should be prohibited from doing anything that was not planned for.

If you look at the evolution of software from DOS to Windows 3.1, 9.x and finally XP, you can see it has become more and more difficult to control what is happening within the computer.

Cant we just go back to DOS?? It has gotten to the point where you cant keep anything cause of the weird shit that happens in WIndoze.

Just kidding about DOS

can some body please give me a direct link to a star trek nemisis .mov trailer. (full screen) please. i am waiting. :bow:

Try This:

http://images.hollywood.com/images/quicktime/stnemesis_t_high.mov

size: 13.39Mb

getright downloadable

thanx “lombok ijo”
:wink: