Stupid 20A4P OHT won't shut off

vbimport

I don’t undetrstand why online hypertuning won’tm shut off I have stock firmware and I enabled it and disabled it but it won’t turn off and if I reload original eeprom it is ok but oht will reenable itself by itself . It is pissing me of and the burns are worse with it on

What media are you using?

Sony branded T02 & MCC03RG20 & MCC04 & reg T02

I haven’t had this problem until I started messing with modded firmware I flashed to enhabced overspeed to get 20x on all and my drive just didn’t act like I wanted it to so I flashed back to original eeprom & stock firmware (& I didn’t get the (A)-(S) thing messed up) cause I know that liteon stock firmware will follow whatever is on the drive already

Try a firmware downgrade and see if it helps…

What application[s] is [are] you using to set OHT?

First ck setting utility then SB 3.3.2 then SB 3.1.1.6 I figured maybe it was ( no offense to ck) but maybe the mod utilities so I tried 3.1.1.6

If you enable oht then do a burn then disable oht and do another burn will it disable easily for you no problem?

Yes, it will disable easily for me. With a disc inserted, it takes a while, but it stays disabled [unless, of course, you use a disc that is set in firmware to use full HyperTuning].

I don’t know how, but it seemed ImgBurn would re-enable/disable stuff for me at one point. [Example: I’d set the drive to use OHT in ImgBurn, burn a disc with ImgBurn, disable OHT with SmartBurn, burn a disc in CD-DVD speed, burn a disc with ImgBurn, then do another disc in CD-DVD Speed to find that OHT was re-enabled]. I don’t think I can re-create it, though…

Man this really sucks and I wonder if the 1394 connection is the culprit?

Well I just reloaded eeprom flashed with stock firmware then reloaded eeprom again and repowered (External) between each thing and now it is oht disabled now I am just going to never enable it again brcause when I never enabled it in the first place it stayed disabled so I think it will be ok now

It’s an open secret that you need to reboot your computer and/or power off and back on your external enclosure when doing things beyond just updating Lite-On drive firmware. A reboot or power-cycle is also a good idea when simply modifying the settings.

I’ll bet you haven’t been doing that.

Also, when recovering from hacking your drive, you restore the firmware first, and then the EEPROM. Once again, you restore the EEPROM last. Then reboot and/or power-cycle your enclosure.

[QUOTE=negritude;2108224]It’s an open secret that you need to reboot your computer and/or power off and back on your external enclosure when doing things beyond just updating Lite-On drive firmware. A reboot or power-cycle is also a good idea when simply modifying the settings.

I’ll bet you haven’t been doing that.

Also, when recovering from hacking your drive, you restore the firmware first, and then the EEPROM. Once again, you restore the EEPROM last. Then reboot and/or power-cycle your enclosure.[/QUOTE]

well actually I am a reboot power cycle freak I do it everytime no matter what but you do got me on restoring backwards I was doing eeprom first bvut what I do is restore eeprom reboot then restore firmware reboot again then mod settings and with my external powercycle off after doing that because I know the seriousness of rebooting powercycling. but

one question what if you are not flashing firmware but restoring eeprom is it ok to just restore eeprom reboot and not flash firmware??
I gotta say I’m having the hardest time with the oht thing eos is ok & SB is ok but oht once I mess with it it won’t turn off but now that I have disabled it is’s been ok. But you don’t think the 1394 has anything to do with it?

But usually I don’t powercycle between mod settings and I will start dioing that everytime and see if that is what it is I’m sure you are right and I have only been doing that some of the time

I don’t reboot between firmware flashes sometimes, and it all manages to work.

Note that I am using it internally on a mobo controller that is pretty compliant with ATAPI specifications and [usually] pretty compatible, though.

[QUOTE=Albert;2108405]I don’t reboot between firmware flashes sometimes, and it all manages to work.

Note that I am using it internally on a mobo controller that is pretty compliant with ATAPI specifications and [usually] pretty compatible, though.[/QUOTE]

My response was specific to using a Lite-On in an external enclosure.

There’s no need to reboot the whole computer, but power-cycling the enclosure is always a good idea.

[QUOTE=negritude;2110351]My response was specific to using a Lite-On in an external enclosure.

There’s no need to reboot the whole computer, but power-cycling the enclosure is always a good idea.[/QUOTE]My response was to jc being a reboot freak in general. :iagree:

And I agree.

i have an [B]internal[/B] ide connected 20A1P and a 165P6S. I often reflash [and/or crossflash] each drive with modified [or Enhanced] 20A4P [former] and Sony DRU120A [latter] firmwares. after each crossflash i reboot, after just a change for Enhanced versions i often do not reboot.

when making adjustments to the SmartBurn settings [using Setting Utility or 3.1.1.6[B]t[/B]] i never reboot and have never had a problem such as you describe. however have seen where OnlineHyper Tuning will turn itself on during a burn. but this is the reason for SmartBurn, to automatically turn it on for one burn if needed.

i am thinking it must be something either to do with the External or how you are Restoring your EEPROM. which i never do. before a flash i will often Reset Hypertuning and Reset Learned Media using EEPROM Utility. [now i dont know if this actually does anything as it probably gets reset during the flash anyways]