Study: Americans can't live without DVR's

vbimport

I just posted the article Study: Americans can’t live without DVR’s.

According to a new study sponsored by NDS, a DVR solutions provider, more than 80% of American DVR owners surveyed claim that they cannot live without a DVR. 1,000 DVR owners from the USA, the United…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14994-Study-Americans-cant-live-without-DVRs.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14994-Study-Americans-cant-live-without-DVRs.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

My TiVo, a life changing machine. Can’t live without it !

My two Tivo’s. I can’t imagine TV without a TV anymore. My six year old asks me to fast forward shows that aren’t even recorded and can watch any of his favorite shows easily because of the TiVo.

At first my wife was against the DVR but now she can catch any of her shows when she is ready and we can watch shows after they started and finish ny the end.

TiVo DVR rating high on my list…absolutely. Once you have one you can’t imagine how you watched TV without one.
Tim

You can have my mobile phone…but not my DVR! If I had to watch commercials, I would simply turn off the TV. It’s unbearable.

Bought one for my Grandmother last year, gave her some tutorials on how to use it, now she can’t live without it, just like me. :slight_smile:

It’s all about video-on-demand, and I went one step further than a DVR. I have a 500GB hard drive hooked up to my DVD player’s USB port, and I watch all my favorite TV shows in DivX format…commercial free. All 9 seasons of Seinfeld, complete seasons of X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Simpsons, Futurama, etc. Like a video jukebox. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about “can’t live”, but I would stop watching TV if DVRs went away.

Haven’t you guys heard of Media Center? This is supposed to be a website for computer geeks, you should all be well aware of it.

I hardly use my DVD/HDD/DVR recorder. The shows on TV are mostly crap. I only watch a few shows; and when they are not on, I really don’t watch TV. Could I live without? Yea, I could easily.