Stuck with wrong format HDDVD Player

I would line to know is Netflix going to start sending over the internet High Definition Movies,is there a way to hook up my computer so I can watch the movies,this would pratically eleminate the need for a Blu Ray player???George!:cop:

Do you have an internet connection capable of 15-25 Mb/sec sustained transfers?

Why not purchase a bunch of cheap HD-DVD titles when they start clearing them out and then kick back and watch what happens to the market.

Is that how fast you need for hidef streaming over internet? 15-25mb/s = 100-200mbps? I don’t think there’s ISP that fast here in the US?

[QUOTE=zaina;2012683]Is that how fast you need for hidef streaming over internet? 15-25mb/s = 100-200mbps? I don’t think there’s ISP that fast here in the US?[/QUOTE]

15-25 Mb/sec, that’s megaBITS. Your average cable modem runs 6-8 Mb burst.
Without HD audio, those numbers can be reduced a bit, but not much. Bottom line is that for many years to come, any so-called “HD” streaming will be anything BUT HD. Even SD/DVD streaming is pretty low quality compared to discs.

I dunno. Seen several Divx rips that are pretty solid quality where I can’t tell the difference. I definitely agree on the HD downloads though. You are better off with an up-converted DVD on a decent standalone than those.

[quote=Jesterrace;2013986]Seen several Divx rips that are pretty solid quality where I can’t tell the difference. [/quote]Divx from your OPPO?

I tried several Divx on my PS3, and I can tell the difference on my 42" plasma. I can see the pixelations clearly. I tried streaming from my PC, the same. Maybe your OPPO does an excellent job.

I haven’t tried Divx ultra at 1080 though.

I’m talking about comparing standard DVD to regular Divx. I use them on my XBOX via XBMC since I prefer it for i-net/pc extensions over my oppo.