Stuck in Registration Loop

I just upgraded to 5.0.2.0 from 4. I requested and received my new v5 key. When I start DVDFab it brings up the Trial/Registration screen. I click on Enter Registration Key and enter my key. It accepts the key and says it needs to restart DVDFab to enable the registered version. At which point it restarts and goes right back into the Trial/Registration screen. If I choose the Trial and check the keys it shows it as a Trial version. I have tried uninstalling 4 and 5 and then reinstalling just 5 but it did the same thing. It will just loop if I keep entering my registration key. Anyone have any ideas, this is driving me crazy!

[QUOTE=napertivo;2061573]I just upgraded to 5.0.2.0 from 4. I requested and received my new v5 key. When I start DVDFab it brings up the Trial/Registration screen. I click on Enter Registration Key and enter my key. It accepts the key and says it needs to restart DVDFab to enable the registered version. At which point it restarts and goes right back into the Trial/Registration screen. If I choose the Trial and check the keys it shows it as a Trial version. I have tried uninstalling 4 and 5 and then reinstalling just 5 but it did the same thing. It will just loop if I keep entering my registration key. Anyone have any ideas, this is driving me crazy![/QUOTE]

Have you just tried double clicking on the file attachment that came in the email? You don’t need to have Fab open at all.

Are you logged on to the computer as an Administrator or a user with administrative privileges?

Yes, I’m logged in as Admin.

I tried using the attached aspx file but when Firefox opened it I got the following in its error log:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsIDOMLocation.href]” nsresult: “0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)” location: “JS frame :: file:///N:/Old%20I%20DVD_Apps/DVDFab%20Decryptor/ApplicationMain_12.4.0080.0327.aspx :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 13” data: no]

When I opened it in IE it just display the file as text, it did not execute anything.

I also just tried to open the attached key file with DVDFab 5. The result was the same, it accepted the key and said it needed to restart and then went to the Trial/Registration screen.

[QUOTE=napertivo;2061606]I also just tried to open the attached key file with DVDFab 5. The result was the same, it accepted the key and said it needed to restart and then went to the Trial/Registration screen.[/QUOTE]

Don’t open the key file with DVD Fab.

Leave Fab not running then double-click on the key file.

What happens then?

Did you reboot your computer after installing the key? If not give it a try

GregiBoy, I had DVDFab closed and opened the key file. It gave a message that it accepted it and it will now start DVDFab. Went to the trial screen again.

Jethro, Tried the rebbot too, no luck.

Does anyone know where DVDFab 5.0.2.0 is storing the key in the registry? Maybe I can try adding it manually.

Deleted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DVDFab\V5

Does anyone have a solution? I’ve tried uninstalling/reboot/remove registry keys/re-installing/reboot and I’m still stuck in the loop and back to a trial user. I’ve tried both files from dvdfab.net and dvdfab.com (someone mentioned they were different files on the .com site in another thread. I’ve double clicked on the registration file when the software was not running and also pasted the license key from my email. Nothing seems to work.

Rick

More details are needed here so we can try to help you.

For example, OS, etc, etc, etc

Windows XP, SP2 fully patched with the latest critical updates. I don’t know what else you need.

Same setup for me, XP w/SP2 and up to date on all patches.

I just got mine fixed. I went through Fengtao help and they finally generated me a new key, worked like a charm.

Hi all, I contacted tech support too and they had me download a new key (file extension ends with “5”). I double clicked on the file and all is good. You can get a new key here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

K, I am embarrassed to admit it but my issue was caused by operator error. I thought I would share it so that it may stop others from making a stupid mistake. When I used the link to request a key I had assumed the page was for only v5 keys and they were requesting my original version. So when I selected v4 key it sent me a v4 key. What made it more confusing was that v5 accepts the old key when entered but it does not unlock it when ot restarts. Oh well, lesson learned. Hopefully this will help someone else.

[QUOTE=napertivo;2063729]K, I am embarrassed to admit it but my issue was caused by operator error. I thought I would share it so that it may stop others from making a stupid mistake. When I used the link to request a key I had assumed the page was for only v5 keys and they were requesting my original version. So when I selected v4 key it sent me a v4 key. What made it more confusing was that v5 accepts the old key when entered but it does not unlock it when ot restarts. Oh well, lesson learned. Hopefully this will help someone else.[/QUOTE]Well your not the only member to man up and say that :slight_smile:

The reason i believe you need to get another key is to make sure you had a version 4 or earlier key. I started with Version 3 and my key worked fine to get a version 5 key :iagree: