Stuck at 80% when ripping dvd

vbimport

I’m trying to rip chapter 22 of a dvd I have with dvd-decrypter but it stops at 80% because of a read error. It goes on for about 20 retries and then stops. I have tried 3 different dvd readers : Benq DW1655, HL-DT-STDVD-ROM_GDR8161B and Sony DDU1615 none of them could get past 80%. Can anyone help me with this?

Yes welcome to the forum Adina, The problem is that dvd decryptor is no longer updated and connot handle the copy protection on your dvd.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome on board Adina. :iagree: :clap:
Whilst the problem may lie with DVDDecrypter.
You could try ensuring source disc is clean too.
Otherwise try AnyDVD (trial).
See if that helps.

Just thought of a few more suggestions for you. You can try anydvd like zebadee mentioned it removes the copy protection and then you use dvd decryptor or dvd shrink to copy the dvd. You can also try clonedvd2 it works great with anydvd. You can also try dvdfab it gives you a free trial also and is what I use all the time for my movies when I back the up.

I tried cleaning the disc, but still the same result. I tried to rip another chapter from the dvd and it worked just fine, and I have also ripped over 70 dvds with dvd-decrypter before and never had a problem. So I just think it is strange if the problem is dvd-decrypter. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your replies! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Adina;2081607]I tried cleaning the disc, but still the same result. I tried to rip another chapter from the dvd and it worked just fine, and I have also ripped over 70 dvds with dvd-decrypter before and never had a problem. [B]So I just think it is strange if the problem is dvd-decrypter.[/B] Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your replies! :D[/QUOTE]

This is wrong!

The problem is the copy protection on the disc.

[quote=Adina;2081607]I tried cleaning the disc, but still the same result. I tried to rip another chapter from the dvd and it worked just fine, and I have also ripped over 70 dvds with dvd-decrypter before and never had a problem. So I just think it is strange if the problem is dvd-decrypter. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your replies! :D[/quote]
Not all spots of the movie has copy protectrion. So the parts you are able to copy do not have it but the part you are not able to copy has the copy protection. Download anydvd it has free 21 day trial and you can use it with dvd decryptor or dvdshrink. I like dvdfab they also have a 30 day trial and they also have a free program called dvdfab hd decryptor.

yes try the free dvdfab.
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

then you can still burn using dvd decrypter or what ever you like.