Stubbs the Zombie, "A require security

I just bought Stubbs the Zombie game for the PC (Cd version, not the DVD version) and the installation went fine. I got no errors. First i had installed it to my E drive. When attempting to launch the game I got a message “A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed.” when trying to play the game. I thought OK maybe it doesn’t like being installed on E, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it to my C drive… Still the same thing.

I bought the game at EB, there should be no reason whatever “security” they need isn’t activated… Of course their tech support is not around on the weekends, so i’ll have to wait until Monday to talk to them.

I did some research and i found that some people that have deamon virtual drives installed get the error… however i do not have that installed. I do have a copy of DVD Shrink and NERO installed… for making backups of my DVD’s… Could either one of them be causing the issue???

I am running WinXP SP2. Windows firewall is enabled, however i put in the exception for stubbs.exe. Don’t think this would matter, but i figured i would try.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alot of game developers blacklist any kind of copying software. particularly any virtual drives. some of the most common blacklisted software is CloneCD, DaemonTools, Alcohol 120% and even Nero’s image drive.

I made a working copy Of Stubbs the Zombie easily. CD 1 has SecuROM 7.00.00.0002 others not protected.
Used Samsung TS-H552B
Alcohol 120% 1.9.5 build 3105 emulation on
Securom *New [4.x/5.x]
Burn RMPS

Installed game on another computer with Alcohol 120-emulation on.
Not using any other software like SR7_Stop.
CD 1 in cdrom reader.