Streaming HD Netflix heading to Xbox 360

vbimport

Xbox 360 owners, rejoice… :iagree:

The Xbox 360 will become the first device to receive streaming Netflix HD in a couple of weeks!

Tidbit taken from the front page:

Microsoft Xbox 360 owners will be able to stream HD movies and TV episodes directly into the living room in less than four weeks, as anticipation builds for the “New Xbox Experience.”

Xbox 360 owners will have access to 12,000 “near-DVD” quality movies, and 300 HD movie titles. The HD catalog is small at the moment, but Netflix promises that it will continue to grow.

The “soft launch” will include high-definition content, with around 8-10 Gbps of bandwidth recommended. It looks like the Netflix 360 player will auto detect if your Internet connection has the required bandwidth to stream the HD movies.

Rest of the article can be found clicking here.

I know I can’t be the only person who is mildly excited by this. Right?

[QUOTE=Randomus;2148784]Xbox 360 owners, rejoice… :iagree:

The Xbox 360 will become the first device to receive streaming Netflix HD in a couple of weeks![/QUOTE]

I thought the Netflix player by Roku was already in use for this service, as well as Blu-Ray players from both LG and Samsung. At least Netflix shows those three, with X-box 360 listed as “Beginning late fall 2008” (which works for 19 November, I know) and certain TiVo boxes starting December, 2008.

I’d be excited about it coming to Xbox 360, but I haven’t been able to find out much about the success with the Roku player. Also, 8-10 Gbps is unresonable. I don’t think I know of anyone who actually has more than about 10 Mbps at home…