Stream to Xbox 360 via WMP on PC

Guys,

maybe i am being really thick but what format do i need to stream from my PC using WMP11…generic AVI doesn’t seem to show in WMP and hence it wont stream I think…

Any idea’s?

If you want to use WMP11 for that I suggest you Google for a codec that will play the avi in Media Player.

[QUOTE=gkinghrn;1944443]Guys,

maybe i am being really thick but what format do i need to stream from my PC using WMP11…generic AVI doesn’t seem to show in WMP and hence it wont stream I think…

Any idea’s?[/QUOTE]

can you not stream the origianl DVD format to the Xbox? I know that you can stream that format between 2 Pcs across a network , & play in with WMP. See the related thread about media server.

[QUOTE=90312;1944445]If you want to use WMP11 for that I suggest you Google for a codec that will play the avi in Media Player.[/QUOTE]WMP CAN play the AVI’s created here …that’s not a problem…the problem is the 360 doesn’t see them…it just says no videos found yet it gets all the way down to the folders with them in it so the format that dvd creates them in can’t be compatible with the 360… I just wonder why these bloody vendors don’t just recognise such a common format…

Maybe we need DVDFAB to produce a WMV format…

Not sure you can stream the original dvd format…but i prefer them to be avi …original dvd format is uncompressed…

You can try “Windows Movie Maker” it will make a WMV file from an AVI in different bit rates and file sizes. Just to see if that approach works. Movie Maker comes with XP, not sure about Vista?

[QUOTE=gkinghrn;1944949]WMP CAN play the AVI’s created here …that’s not a problem…the problem is the 360 doesn’t see them…it just says no videos found yet it gets all the way down to the folders with them in it so the format that dvd creates them in can’t be compatible with the 360… I just wonder why these bloody vendors don’t just recognise such a common format…

Maybe we need DVDFAB to produce a WMV format…

Not sure you can stream the original dvd format…but i prefer them to be avi …original dvd format is uncompressed…[/QUOTE]

if it works like the MCE interface on PCs, then you jsut navigate to the DVD folder & double click it to launch

[QUOTE=90312;1945054]You can try “Windows Movie Maker” it will make a WMV file from an AVI in different bit rates and file sizes. Just to see if that approach works. Movie Maker comes with XP, not sure about Vista?[/QUOTE]I heard VLC works so am trying that… not sure about Windows Movie Maker…given it’s Free I am dubious about quality but hey I will give that a try…good thinking… cheers