Strategy Swapping Cd-r

Is this possible at all. I’ve gotten completly sick of the flooding of CMC cd-r’s in my area and their crap quality. Do liteons even use specific strategy’s per cdr manufacturer? I figured they must to a certain extent since smartburn will limit the speed you can burn at.

Do they just use a generic strategy for cd-r?

Any ideas?

In the Liteon DVD writers it is just a generic strategy. In the Liteon CD writers it is a strategy based on the media type and can be visibly seen in the firmware like the DVD media in the DVD writer firmware. Also I think KProbe will list the media that your 5232K supports by using the Info/Supported media menu option but this does not work for the 832S.

Try the CMC DVD disks…they are really bad. Wasted $20.00 on a spindle of 25. Errors on all of them. Freeze up in my standalone DVD player…lots of KProbe errors. Stay away from CMC.

@Codeking: What steps would I need to take to swap the strategy from CMC to say TY or Moser Baer? And yes kprobe did work on the info command for supported media. I ended up with the discs that are limited to 32x. There was no speed rating on the label or the disc itself. Also if making this custom firmware is doable I would like to do it to the firmware that has increased reading speed for +,-,and DL

ATIP: 97m 26s 66f
Disc Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

@jake8131: Tell me about I just got a 100pk.! And it makes me mad because I got them at Sams club 100pk for $25 and they were moser baer media the last 10 times I got them and now they have switched.