Strange Unplayable Disc

vbimport

Hi everyone,

First post, but have been burning many different things in different ways and have currently run into a problem I can’t get a handle on. I have downloaded hundred’s of avi’s and burnt to a dvd-r as a dvd-movie. I use my xbox 360 for playback and have never had any problems. I have been using ConvertxtoDVD with no problems but recently the dvd’s became “unplayable disc” on the xbox but playable on pc or standalone dvd player. Then they stopped reading on everything. I switched back to Nero Vision just to see if the something happened with the software and a few dvd’s came out with no problems and played back on xbox/dvd player/pc. Now Nero is giving me the same problem, unplayable disc on xbox and plays in standalone or pc. Thought maybe something in my pc is cauing this so might do a much needed format tonight but…who knows. This has got my mind boggled any help is greatly appreciated.

my dvd-burner: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B

[QUOTE=Soulshark;1998045]Hi everyone,

First post, but have been burning many different things in different ways and have currently run into a problem I can’t get a handle on. I have downloaded hundred’s of avi’s and burnt to a dvd-r as a dvd-movie. I use my xbox 360 for playback and have never had any problems. I have been using ConvertxtoDVD with no problems but recently the dvd’s became “unplayable disc” on the xbox but playable on pc or standalone dvd player. Then they stopped reading on everything. I switched back to Nero Vision just to see if the something happened with the software and a few dvd’s came out with no problems and played back on xbox/dvd player/pc. Now Nero is giving me the same problem, unplayable disc on xbox and plays in standalone or pc. Thought maybe something in my pc is cauing this so might do a much needed format tonight but…who knows. This has got my mind boggled any help is greatly appreciated.

my dvd-burner: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B[/QUOTE]

This happens when using POOR quality media to burn your backups on, they will play good for a few months or so then it’s a no go
Try Veratim or TY will never go wrong with them, also burn at 8x

[quote=StormJumper;1998049]This happens when using POOR quality media to burn your backups on, they will play good for a few months or so then it’s a no go
Try Veratim or TY will never go wrong with them, also burn at 8x[/quote]

really… i’ve been using Maxell will try that though, and I have been burning at 4x but if 8x wont cause any problems i’ll go back to that thanks, are there any other issues that could cause this though?