Strange Safedisc 3.15

vbimport

hi ppl,
here is my question…:
i only have 1 game using sd 3.15 protection - prince of persia the sands of time… great game, besides… :wink:
but what i found out is that the play cd is called “POP_PLAY”…
no problem till now, but here is the strange thing:
when i leave the disc in drive and reboot my computer and then i go look what the cd is labeled it is not POP_PLAY any more but “Prince of Persia - CD2” - and if i try to run the game now (from my copy, did not yet test it with the original disc) it won’t start 'till i take out the disc and reboot my machine…
so how can this be? why? i don’t understand… :confused:
greetz,
Raz

M8, this is a known problem with XP and CD-Drive refresh (assuming you using XP?)

This happens to me with both SafeDisc and SecuRom protection - go into Control Panel, System, Add Remove Devices - and remove all CD/DVD drives - then goto add new hardware and let it re-install them - it should work fine after that!

A weird, weird quirk !

Let me know how you get on?

MC :smiley:

no, that’s not the problem…
just re-installed my system and directly after installing the drivers i tested it again and this is not the known refresh bug…
i know this refresh bug, but it is different…
and it only occurs with my prince of persia (sd 3.15) backup, other cd’s work normal…
the strange thing here about is the label of the cd…
guess, i have to search internet more to find out what it is…

ps: just for information:
yes, xp professional
and: even if i had the cd in the drive while booting and the name of the disc seems to be “prince of persia - cd2”, when i remove the disc from the drive the computer recognizes this and the drive shows as a normal cd/dvd-rom drive symbol without name…
so, it is not the refresh bug…

LOL OK, OK…

I just wanted to make sure you had done that first!

Well it sounds like you are experiencing problems with the loader on PoP2…

The original exe is triggered and wrapped with SafeDisc protection, therefore it must be screwing itself up and calling not the autoplay function of SafeDisc, but the actual encrypted .exe…

I believe SafeDisc runs a ‘driver’ on insertion of the disc to check for copyprotection - the problem you are having is that the drive is initialising without running this driver on autorun - the ‘POP_PLAY’ is actually their driver initialising and then pointing back to the disc ‘Prince of Persia - CD2’ once it has been verified.

It’s definately the SafeDisc protection driver thats causing you problems - 100% convinced of it…

Had to check it wasn’t that crazy Windows XP bug first! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

MC

yeah,
i don’t really know what this is but so it is not really important to me, because the backup works… :wink:
so, why being confused about this… :bigsmile:
it works and so i am happy… :slight_smile: