Strange SafeDisc 2.51.021 Results

vbimport

[EDIT: Sorry, I meant to post in the CloneCD Experienced Users Forum and I don't have privaleges to delete this post. Please jump to the other thread. Click here.]

I realize I'm a Noob (when it comes to CloneCD and game backups) but I think I need help from experienced CloneCD users.

I already have a thread (this one) in the CloneCD forum but I'm still looking for some insights on my problem. I would like to get working backups on CDR media.

To summarize, I have a Cyberdrive CW068D (36x12x48x) writer and I'm trying to backup MOHAA (SafeDisk 2.51.021). I'm using Windows 98SE and CloneCD 4.0.0.1. Here are my results.

1. Raw image works (installation and gameplay) with Daemon Tools (no emulation needed).

2. Backups on CDRW media work on my Cyberdrive writer, an LG CDROM, and old HP CDRW but not on a 24x Toshiba CDROM.

3. Backups on CDRW media work on my Cyberdrive writer without "Hide CDR media". I don't even have CloneCD Tray installed.

4. Backups on CDR media don't work, not on any drives.

Additional Notes

I've made one working raw image with each of the following: the default Game Profile, Clony XXL profile, and a SafeDisk 2.51 profile (which I believe I downloaded here but I forget).

I've used 5 different kinds of media, 2 speeds of Khypermedia (24x and 32x silver/silver), one Imation (32X silver/silver), one Generic 16x (Ritek) and one other (I forget).

"AWS" was necessary to make any working backup at all.

I've tried different read speeds and write speeds as low as 4X (the lowest for the Cyberdrive).

That's about all that I can think of.

Any insights on this would be appreciated. Mostly I really would like to be able make backups on CDR media but I'm also curious why my CDRW backup works without the need for "Hide CDR Media".