Strange red tint on monitor

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I have a 2007 CNC router that runs on Win XP. About 2 weeks ago the screen started showing a red tint. I have tried changing the video cable, monitor, video card, power supply and memory with no change. I have also booted to a Linux CD to eliminate a software issue. The mother board is a Intel Itox G4C600 with a AGP video. It is not a simple task to replace the Mother board because of the other components in the controller.

I think at this point it must be a problem with the mother board but have this nagging feeling that there is some other cause.

If anyone could offer advice it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be certain it is the mother board but don’t know how to do that other than finding one to swap it out with.

TIA

Gerry

Oldwood, did you try to swap out the monitor, as a tv repair man it sounds like you have a monitor problem

Hi Thor,

Yes I did try that and got the same red tint :a It sounds like a monitor, cable or video card problem but I have swapped them all out with no change.

Thanks,
Gerry

It sounds like faulty hardware but just to tick all the boxes you could also try removing and reinstalling your video drivers.

I know this sounds like a bit of an unlikely solution but I had a similar problem with my work PC, that also appeared to be hardware related, but it turned out to be corrupted video drivers.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=oldwood;2753351]I think at this point it must be a problem with the mother board but have this nagging feeling that there is some other cause.
[/QUOTE]

You tested almost everything,so there’s not much of a possible cause left,besides the motherboard.
Still a few things to try :

• If you have a pci card seated in the 1st slot,remove it,to eleminate an IRQ conflict between the AGP slot and the 1st PCI slot,as they usually share the same IRQ.
  • If there’s no change,pull the AGP card out and put a PCI graphics card in the 1st PCI slot to eliminate a broken AGP slot.

Hi Roadworker,

I;ll give your suggestions a try…now where can I find a PCI video card:eek:

Thanks,
Gerry

Hi Wombler,

I have booted to Linux with a CD image and VGA mode and the tint still remained. Wouldn’t that rule out the drivers?

Thanks,
Gerry

[QUOTE=oldwood;2753364]Hi Roadworker,

I;ll give your suggestions a try…now where can I find a PCI video card:eek:

Thanks,
Gerry[/QUOTE]

If you don’t have 1 in an old computer,or can’t find 1 on a local flea market,there’s still EBAY . :wink:

Are these monitors CRT or LCD?

If they are the old CRT type, then make sure there are no magnets close to, or even at the back of the screen, such as speakers.

Hi Dee,

No it is a LCD. I did try plugging in a new monitor and it showed the same tint.

Thanks,
Gerry

I’d say one more thing to try, plug the monitor into a different computer

Marty

Hi ,

So I was looking for a PCI video card and found a nice ATI AGP card and thought what the heck I may as well try it…IT WORKS!!!
Both the other cards were Nvidia so I don’t know if that was the issue but I don’t care at this point:clap:

Thank you all for you help :bow::bow::bow:

Gerry

If it fixes it, use it

Marty

Yes I agree!!

Gerry