STRANGE protection AUDIO

ok guys i got a music cd from my friend and guess what…when i try to rip it using easy cd da 6 they are seen as data tracks…

i simply cannot rip them and one more thing i cannot copy the cd cause the last track is very very big say around 900MB

what to do…:bow:

clonyxxl says the disk is overburned…:confused:

have you tried just imaging the disc with a audio protected disc profile using clone cd then burnt the image back to a cd?
what reader / writer are you using ?
whats the cd your trying to copy ?

Easy CD is not the ideal program to be using.

Try CloneCD or Alcohol.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
done that already…here’s what happ’s
Clonecd ends up with an image of 1.99 Gb in size(thats what it shows is to be burnt)…the size of image on the hard disk is 2.01Gb , no mater which profine i use(CDS100,CDS200,key2audio…)always the same size…

However i noticed somethin in CCD’s log file…
it finds read errors from the beggining till the image is finished???:confused: actually there is no pt inburning the image cause they are all dummy sectors added by ccd cause it cannot read the cd…
i even tried reading at 1X…:frowning:
The cd works fine in almost all players except SONY…ha ha ha as usual

used cd players
panasonic -no probs
philips - no problem
kenwood- no prob
pioneer - no problem

SONY- NOT WORKING!@@@:frowning:

writer:
LTR 52327s (QSO9 and QSOA)tried both
used soft conyxxl
clonecd, alcohol(Alcoholer and ccd profiler)

Illegle TOC is fooling your drive into thinking it is gigs :frowning:

When you used clone did you tick the option to read session 1 only? Right click on the audio icon and make sure that is done.

More than likely the TOC is on a Session 2; if not then it’s in Session 1’s Lead-Out area and for that you need the right Hardware.

We all know the Yamaha is king (at least in my book) but Plexwriter is also good.

You can e-mail me the .ccd file clone generated and I’ll have a look to see if you’re reading it correctly and maybe to see what the heck they stick in there: tvideo@nj.rr.com

What CD is it? Artist, lable and country?

What drives do you have?
Some drives can’t rip protected discs whatever you try.

Good programs to try are EAC (“Detect TOC manually” option) and Feurio!

Originally posted by minix
[B]What drives do you have?
Some drives can’t rip protected discs whatever you try.

Good programs to try are EAC (“Detect TOC manually” option) and Feurio! [/B]

i did mention it before anyway its LIteon 52327s

Originally posted by audiocopy
[B]Illegle TOC is fooling your drive into thinking it is gigs :frowning:

What CD is it? Artist, lable and country? [/B]

Its a local remix…(all latest tracks burnt into a cdr) i think my friend himself has burned the cd with his burner.:confused:

The other LiteOn 52x model rips CDS200 discs with any program, I think.

I don’t know that model.

But if you say that it’s a home CD, it’s very difficult to help you.
You have to try it by yourself. :confused:

It’s a single session CD.

-Control bits are changed to data

-TOC is illegle

This will be hardware dependant, try ripping with another reader or patch it into your sound card, record and split up the waves.

A currupted CDR which isn’t pressed can have all kinds of errors in it so it maybe impossible for you to copy and even play on many players.

Originally posted by audiocopy
[B]It’s a single session CD.
this will be hardware dependant, try ripping with another reader or patch it into your sound card, record and split up the waves.

A currupted CDR which isn’t pressed can have all kinds of errors in it so it maybe impossible for you to copy and even play on many players. [/B]

isn’t there any other way buddy…:confused:

i heard the line in rec isn’t that good when it comes to quality…:confused:

If you have a low-end a/d converter then the line in may sound like crap, with a good one it’ll be nearly 1:1

Your Hardware doesn’t like it. Maybe you want to invest in some better Hardware like a Yamaha or a Plexwriter; which I can’t promise they could copy it.

Yes you can use CRWIN and extract the sectors and leave off the bad ones at the end of the disc but it’s easier to record line-in if you’re not an advanced user.

ok buddy suggest a good sound card (have mercy on my budget):wink:

High-End Professional Sound cards are going to be $1500 and up (BIG dent in your budget, Sonic Foundry make a lot of good ones).

You’ll want the right capturing software as well, I like Nuendo or Pro Tools.

A low-end or consumer card like Soundblasters are good enough. Then use a consumer level app like Cool Edit.

What do you want to do? Capture for CDA replication or just mp3s? MPEG Compression is going to degrade the quality (high and low ends) anyway so shouldn’t be a differnce.

Why don’t you just ask your friend who currupted this disc if he could give you a good copy? What is he trying to protect some local band anyway? The only reason Record Companies (not artists) do it is theft…but I don’t think anyone is going to steal some local no-name bands music. In fact they should want it to get out.