Strange problem

vbimport

I have Lite ON IHAS 122 crossflashed on iHAS 524b with ixtreme burner max firmware. This setup work great couple of months, but since this month I have a problem:

I buy 3-4 Verbatim 25-pack DVD5 (Taiwan, also try China) and iHAS 524B burn this DVDs successfully but discs are not readable or Nero scans are very very bad. Same DVDs if I burn on other computer with iHap 122 w works great, burn without problems with good scan results (93-95).

First I suspect on burner to die, but I found couple DVDs which I bought earlier and burn this discs successfully with good scan results! Also burned DVD9 Verbatims without problems. I only have problems with new packs of Verbatims.
At the end I conclude that problems are only new packs of Verbatim discs (which burns great on other Liteon IHAP 122 w without problems)

I try also to re-crossflashed from Ixtrme Burner Max on original iHAS 122, but problem still persist.

Any solution, what is a problem DVD-writer or DVDs?

I will probably buy in Monday new Lite On (because xbox 360 support), but I fear that I have this problem again.

Thanks.

I flash again Ihas 122 —> Ihas 524b —> Ixtreme burner max firmware, and after that clear OPC and clear media learn. Now everything work fine!
DVDs which was not readable from same 25 pack of Verbatim are now burned fine, good scans again 93-95.
So, probably clear media learn from EEPROM utility was solution for my problem

I flash again Ihas 122 —> Ihas 524b —> Ixtreme burner max firmware, and after that clear OPC and clear media learn. Now everything work fine!
DVDs which was not readable from same 25 pack of Verbatim are now burned fine, good scans again 93-95.
So, probably clear media learn from EEPROM utility was solution for my problem

Good job with fixing your own problem! :slight_smile: Hope everything works for you without issues from now on.

[QUOTE=nicolas85;2645234]I flash again Ihas 122 —> Ihas 524b —> Ixtreme burner max firmware, and after that clear OPC and clear media learn. Now everything work fine!
So, probably clear media learn from EEPROM utility was solution for my problem[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this. I have also found that clearing learned media can bring a drive back to normal. It is very possible that one of those discs had a defect and threw off the drive’s calibration. Very glad to hear you found a solution :clap:.