Strange problem with SOHW-1673S

I don’t know if the problem was caused by flashing, I don’t think so as i have successfully flashed the drive before.

Since the last flash to the latest firmware whenever i try to burn a dvd using DVD Decrypter using the patin-coufin layer,(that has always worked fine for me). I get the following error;

Deviceiocontrol(DIOC_IOCD_LOCKDEV) Failed!

Device:[1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S JSOD (F:) (ATA)

UNABLE TO LOCK VOLUME FOR EXCLUSIVE ACCESS

REASON : INCORRECT FUNCTION

Has anyone else ever ecperienced this or does anyone know what steps i could take to try and rectify this issue?

Thanks

So no one has experienced a similar problem or has any idea of how this can be fixed then? :frowning:

codeking?? anyone??

can nobody help me?

or at least give me pointers on what might have happened?

disable the IMAPI service and try again.
can’t describe you where to find it as my windows is in german…

Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools//Sevices/IMAPI CD-Burning…

I always have that service disabled as i heard it was best.

Any other suggestions?

1/ Do other burning apps work ok?
2/ Have you reflashed the drive?
3/ Have you tried deleting the IDE channel driver that the drive is connected to and then reboot?
4/ Anything else you can tell us…

1/ well nero does but i want this app to work as it always has and i have always got best results using this.

2/ Have you reflashed the drive?
yes i have used all the firmwares from the JS01 to the present but whatever changed seems not to be corrected.

3/ Have you tried deleting the IDE channel driver that the drive is connected to and then reboot?
i hadn’t until i saw this post i have now and no change

4/ Anything else you can tell us…
im not sure what else to say i did a fresh install of xp and the problem still remains. what info could i provide that might help u help me?

have you tried using imgburn? its made by the same author as dvddecrypter. but doesn`t rip anymore just burning app.

might be worth trying to see if you get the same error message.

1/ I can understand you wanting to be able to use DVD Decrypter. I just wanted to know if it was common to all burning apps, which you have now explained.

4/ Wooh, that was some interesting extra information. So you reinstalled windows, from scratch (all apps gone?), and then install DVD Decrypter and it’s still the same? Doesn’t leave a lot if that’s the case. I guess you don’t have a backup of your drives EEPROM?

1/ I can understand you wanting to be able to use DVD Decrypter. I just wanted to know if it was common to all burning apps, which you have now explained.

i wasn’t being rude, just stating my preference for burning apps, i use nero for cd’s but prefer decrypter and img burn for dvd’s

4/ Wooh, that was some interesting extra information. So you reinstalled windows, from scratch (all apps gone?), and then install DVD Decrypter and it’s still the same? Doesn’t leave a lot if that’s the case. I guess you don’t have a backup of your drives EEPROM?

no sadly i can’t find the backup EEPROM i was sure i took when i 1st flashed the drive do you think that i might get away with asking someone to send me theirs? i know they are sposed to be drive specific but is it worth a try?

This is a I/O error and has nothing to do with you burner.

I/O errors come from STPI/ASPI/Patin Coufin/ and other (burning app.) drivers conflicting with each others.
Pocket writing softwares can also cause this.
A visit to this forum section will give you more information.

In Decrypter (Settings–> I/O) select SPTI when on Win-XP. :slight_smile:

I understand what you are saying but until this flash i was always able to use the patin coufin layer and prefer doing it like this. No other software was changed and even doing a complete re install has made no difference. I just wanted to know why i could no longer use something i had been able to for the last 10 months.

The Patin-Couffin drivers were updated and that locking function was removed/replaced.

As such, it fails!

Ignore it for the moment, it’ll work again in ImgBurn 1.1.0.0 when I release it.

Thanks for this usefull information. :slight_smile:

We are patiently waiting for ImgBurn update.