Strange power calibration problem after 8x burn

Howdy!

I have got a spindle of Platinum 8x discs (Ricohjpn-R02 media code) and they burn perfectly. But when I try to burn on a Ritek 4x DVD+RW, I get a power calibration error. When I eject the DVD+RW and insert it again, the burning works fine.

This power calibration error ALWAYS appears one time right after I have burned one of these Platinum DVD+Rs @8x. Ejecting and re-inserting the media solves this issue.

Any1 with the same problem?

These power calibration errors seem to be an issue with Nero only.
Try different burning software.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]Howdy!

I have got a spindle of Platinum 8x discs (Ricohjpn-R02 media code) and they burn perfectly. But when I try to burn on a Ritek 4x DVD+RW, I get a power calibration error. When I eject the DVD+RW and insert it again, the burning works fine.

This power calibration error ALWAYS appears one time right after I have burned one of these Platinum DVD+Rs @8x. Ejecting and re-inserting the media solves this issue.

Any1 with the same problem? [/B]

I have had the power calibration errors as well.

I don’t burn DVD+RW media, but I have gotten it with DVD+R media. I will have to see if it happens after burning a disc at 8x, then going to burn one at 4x. That would be interesting.

Only happened with Nero for me. Never any other software.

Howdy!

Thanks for your replies. These issues seem to be related to Nero - in combination with the bitsetting firmwares. No problems with the original stock firmware.

I suspect that these errors are somehow caused by the bitsetting capabilities of Nero. The solution would be to COMPLETELY disable the bitsetting option in Nero.

Does any1 know how to do that? I do not want to change the burning program.