Strange Pioneer Car CD Player Problem

vbimport

Hi.

I have a Pioneer DEH series player that is about four years old. Recently it started having problems around track nine. The song would start fading in and out and then stop altogether. The player would blink the track number, but would no longer play the disc.

This only seems to happen after playing the first eight tracks. I tried the disc again today and it played track nine fine when I skipped directly to it.

It seems like the player is defective, but I’m having a tough time with that, since my past Pioneer players have lasted longer than four years.

Any info is appreciated.

When I read your post, I thought I may have wrote it myself, and forgot!! This is almost EXACTLY what is happening to me. I bought my pioneer 4 years ago at Best Buy. Last week, my cd started fading in and out, almost sounding scratchy to some point. Then it just quit all together. Showing the track number, but no longer playing! The only difference in our problems, is that mine only makes it to about track 2. I’ve tried about a dozen cd’s and it has happened to all of them. I went to the store and bought one of those cd’s that is supposed to clean the lens. I ran it through, hoping this was the problem, put another audio cd in, and it did the same as it did before I cleaned it! I hate this!!! I can’t live without my cd player in my car, and you would think Pioneer would last a heck of a lot longer than 4 years!!!
Does anyone have any other solutions?!
Thanks,
Steph