Strange kind of copyprotection?

hi all

my uncle has this cd for children for learning french, and wants to make a backup of it…

but this seems less easy then expected… :frowning:

the name of the cd is:
Didascalia - Junior interactive - Eventail - Junior 2000

My uncle has tried for hours to copy it, but he couldnt cause he has an older writer and doesnt know much about copyprotections

I have a lite-on 24x10x40 with the newest firmware, so i think i should be able to copy it…

First of all i tried to copy it with the newest blindwrite which i mostly use… I used blindread to make an image of it and wrote it on a cdrw with blindwrite ‘DAO pw’

This didnt work… :frowning:

The original cd autostarts and autoinstalls without a warning…
The copy doesnt autostart, and i do can manually install it…
but when i try to start it, nothing happens

When i insert the original cd, the program autostarts, but with the copy again nothing happens…

After this i installed clonyxxl and chked what copyprotection was on it…
and on the orginal AND the copy it detected: securom NEW v 4.32.00.0001 on BOTH cds!!

so i guess i did copy the protection, but what did i do wrong then?

btw: i also tried to download alcohol, but it seems like there website is down atm, and i couldnt find it anywhere else

Download the latest Alcohol 120% trial and use the SecuROM New profile to dump/burn (not the SecuROM New 4.8x).

so u are telling me that this 3 year old protection cannot be copied by the newest blindwrite and can be copied with alcohol?

what kind of copyprotection are u talking about then?

cause clonyxxl did detect the securom on both cds… (so it cant be this one i guess…?)

my uncle left allready btw, so i cant try it anymore with my nice lite-on writer, and he also is goin to give the cd back soon (so not much time is left)

can he still make a correct image of it with older cdrom/cdwriters? (so i can write it)

if so, then could someone explain VERY clair and complete what he must do? (he doesnt have that much experience with cdwriting and programs like alcohol and blindwrite etc…)

Originally posted by vio_man
Download the latest Alcohol 120% trial and use the SecuROM New profile to dump/burn (not the SecuROM New 4.8x).
vio_man is being minimalist as usual.

CloneCD will do it, judging from your post, if you use the profile from here. The "Regenerate…’ option is checked. Mine needs it but philamber’s does not…maybe yours is an unreliable reader like mine. My FW is 5s07, the best for errors, faster than my 32123s, but I do subs with other readers.

Blindwrite will do it if you nibble (+ subs) on the read and PW on the write

Alcohol will do it with the SecuROM new option

burnatonce will do it [nope: can’t handle securom; can read it but can’t write it with current version of cdrdao; next version, maybe.]

GameJack will do it

blah blah blah

it’s not difficult with a 24102B and the right settings

vio_man, wake up, there’s more to life than Alcohol 120%. It took a tick over five hours to read each Iron Storm CD with Ring PROTECH

CloneCD did it in 2:50, Blindwrite 5:51, DiscDump 2:34

@Mastakilla try the soft app of your choice. Use any app as I’ve described or post again

thx alot FutureProof

One lil problem is that the original cd isnt here anymore, so i cant use my lite-on for reading (prolly a normal ±32x cdrom will do the reading)

i hope this doesnt make things more complicated…

is there anyway that he can test that he made the right image?

cause prolly the original will be out of our hands before i can write the image with my writer…

btw: i just had a look at that profile link u gave for clonecd and i noticed more profiles are in there
i saw there was a special profile for lite-on’s, but since he doesnt have a lite-on i wouldnt know whih profile to pick…

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]vio_man, wake up, there’s more to life than Alcohol 120%. It took a tick over five hours to read each Iron Storm CD with Ring PROTECH

CloneCD did it in 2:50, Blindwrite 5:51, DiscDump 2:34
[/B]

:eek: Why did you even bother? You must have known it would take hours for alcohol to work its way through the ring.