Strange issue 7260S 1.60 firmware, OK with 1.01 (Liggy's)

vbimport

Hello everyone, I have a very strange issue with a brand new 7260S drive.

When I installed it, it had 1.00 firmware. Ran a few tests… read CD/DVD, burn, all works great. So I decide i’d like bitsetting firmware as I have a stack of old CMCMAG R01 +R discs I want to use. I flash the 1.60 firmware to the drive, all goes well… from that point on, the drive refused to recognize these old CMCMAG discs but recognizes some other brands with no problems (it’s not a driver issue, the drive just spins and seeks and does not recognize the disc)

I downgraded to 1.01 (liggy) and now the discs are fine.

Flash back to 1.60 (liggy) and the issue returns.

Flash NEC 1.60 firmware the problem dissapears again. The issue is only with the bitsetting firmware so it seems there might be a bug in it

Any ideas? For now, I’ll just use 1.01-liggy

thanks!

[QUOTE=crdc;2562571]Hello everyone, I have a very strange issue with a brand new 7260S drive.

When I installed it, it had 1.00 firmware. Ran a few tests… read CD/DVD, burn, all works great. So I decide i’d like bitsetting firmware as I have a stack of old CMCMAG R01 +R discs I want to use. I flash the 1.60 firmware to the drive, all goes well… from that point on, the drive refused to recognize these old CMCMAG discs but recognizes some other brands with no problems (it’s not a driver issue, the drive just spins and seeks and does not recognize the disc)

I downgraded to 1.01 (liggy) and now the discs are fine.

Flash back to 1.60 (liggy) and the issue returns.

Flash NEC 1.60 firmware the problem dissapears again. The issue is only with the bitsetting firmware so it seems there might be a bug in it

Any ideas? For now, I’ll just use 1.01-liggy

thanks![/QUOTE]
edit