Strange errors with LTR-32123S

Hi all,

For some months i bought a LTR-cd-rw-drive. It was OK in the beginning. Burned all media with different speeds w/o problems.
(original firmware was XS0R). Then because some media was not recognised well i decided to update to newest XS0X-firmware. After that update i noticed, that the drive get sproradic errors writing CD-R media. CD-RW works like a dream (no problems here), but CD-R fails in clone-CD and nero and some other burning-apps :confused: Error-message is like “WRITE ERROR” under nero and “MEDIA WRITE ERROR at(xxx)” in clone-cd.

as i mentioned the drive works fine on reading all media types and writing CD-RW. Only CD-R get this errors :confused: and they are completele sporadic :frowning: So it can happen i can complete a disc w/o errors)

What i tryed:

• fresh OS with clone-cd - problem remains (software and os indepndent probem i assume).
  • different write speeds (dosn’t help)
  • different kind of media (dosn’t help)
  • downgrading to firmware XS0U - problem remains (this one i have yet).

plan:

• downgrade to original XS0R firmware.
  • try in different hw-configuration (other machine).
  • exchange the drive.

Hardware:
i-p3-750;512RAM;i440BX-p3B-f
LTR-32123S as secondary-master / single drive on sec-channel

Maybe some people had same problems ? Any other suggestions?
Hardware problem ?

tnx

Originally posted by PRD
[B]Hi all,

For some months i bought a LTR-cd-rw-drive. It was OK in the beginning. Burned all media with different speeds w/o problems.
(original firmware was XS0R). Then because some media was not recognised well i decided to update to newest XS0X-firmware. After that update i noticed, that the drive get sproradic errors writing CD-R media. CD-RW works like a dream (no problems here), but CD-R fails in clone-CD and nero and some other burning-apps :confused: Error-message is like “WRITE ERROR” under nero and “MEDIA WRITE ERROR at(xxx)” in clone-cd.

as i mentioned the drive works fine on reading all media types and writing CD-RW. Only CD-R get this errors :confused: and they are completele sporadic :frowning: So it can happen i can complete a disc w/o errors)

What i tryed:

• fresh OS with clone-cd - problem remains (software and os indepndent probem i assume).
  • different write speeds (dosn’t help)
  • different kind of media (dosn’t help)
  • downgrading to firmware XS0U - problem remains (this one i have yet).

plan:

• downgrade to original XS0R firmware.
  • try in different hw-configuration (other machine).
  • exchange the drive.

Hardware:
i-p3-750;512RAM;i440BX-p3B-f
LTR-32123S as secondary-master / single drive on sec-channel

Maybe some people had same problems ? Any other suggestions?
Hardware problem ?

tnx [/B]

I suggest that you try downgrading to the original firmware you had & the one which worked for your properly.

Oh! and welcome to this lovely forum.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by darshanjog
Oh! and welcome to this lovely forum.:slight_smile:

Thanx darshanjog .-)

I have now exact error-message from Clone-CD:
“Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: WRITE ERROR (3:0x0c:0x00)” and THAT in simulation-mode :o) @16x speed for heavenssake i have now a posibility not to waste my cd-r media :wink:

will downgrade my drive to XS0R, if it will work, its very bad solution anyway :confused: but we will see :wink:

Originally posted by PRD
[B]

Thanx darshanjog .-)

I have now exact error-message from Clone-CD:
“Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: WRITE ERROR (3:0x0c:0x00)” and THAT in simulation-mode :o) @16x speed for heavenssake i have now a posibility not to waste my cd-r media :wink:

will downgrade my drive to XS0R, if it will work, its very bad solution anyway :confused: but we will see :wink: [/B]

pl post your findings. it will be useful for people stuck in the same situation.:smiley:

my findings at the moment are very strange :o)
but i continue testing…

original firmware XS0R:
yesterday: 2 simulation runs (different speeds) with CCD - all OK!
today: 4 runs (12,16,24,32 speed) with CCD - all OK!

wtf 8-/ if this drive works only with original firmware, then firmware programmers at LitOn are shit ? :o)
need to do more real testing in the future… so stay tuned.

I already reed this thread about oc it to 40125S drive witch XSU1 firmware. Its nice trick but i need to know if i can revert it back to XS0R ( the only one wich seems to work at the moment ;o)

FYI: My drive is manufactured in china - march 2002

Its nice trick but i need to know if i can revert it back to XS0R ( the only one wich seems to work at the moment ;o)

you can always revert back with the mtkflash tool. but, be sure you have the bin of your original firmware.

Now, that you have reverted back to the original FW. Try upgrading to the latest FW again.

Sometimes this solves the problem.

As regards to lite-on FW programmers, they are superb. I haven’t had any issues after upgrading my firmware.

My theory confirmed :
=== Lite-On FORUM @liteonit.com ===

Author¡Gjaikumar # of Visit¡G11 # of Reply¡G2

Post Time 2002/12/7 01:57:38
Topic problem with ltr 32123s after upgrading xsox
Content i cannot burn more than 8x speed after upgrading to xsox firmware. i have the option to burn upto 32 x speed. but if i try burning more than 8x speed i get my cd waster . i am getting write error. i tried in burning from 32x,24x,16x,12x,10x. but writing is successfull only if i burn in 8x speed . can anyone help me out.
please…

Hehe so i’m not alone :wink:
@dar:
i dont think that flashing to XS0U or XS0X again will bring something, because technicaly spoken its simple writing to flash memory bit-by-bit. It will bring same result on sucessfull wirte :slight_smile: again and again. Proof of this: i wrote the “buggy” XS0X firmware to file and compared it to one on the internet - both are identital bit-by-bit :slight_smile:

If it works now with 0R its ok for me :slight_smile: the burner is functional so i dont want more :o) Maybe i will try to upgrade to 40125S :slight_smile: but i reed that march-2002 drives are not so fine on it :slight_smile: … And sorry for u but it seems so at least a march-2002 drives are bad batch OR programmers of 0U and 0X firmwares are other people w/o right skills :o)

tnx to u again!!! :slight_smile:

So you have decided to stay with the original firmware.

I am still with my original firmware: 1S01.

1S05 is out but, i feel no necessity as the current one rocks.