For some months i bought a LTR-cd-rw-drive. It was OK in the beginning. Burned all media with different speeds w/o problems.
(original firmware was XS0R). Then because some media was not recognised well i decided to update to newest XS0X-firmware. After that update i noticed, that the drive get sproradic errors writing CD-R media. CD-RW works like a dream (no problems here), but CD-R fails in clone-CD and nero and some other burning-apps Error-message is like “WRITE ERROR” under nero and “MEDIA WRITE ERROR at(xxx)” in clone-cd.
as i mentioned the drive works fine on reading all media types and writing CD-RW. Only CD-R get this errors and they are completele sporadic So it can happen i can complete a disc w/o errors)
What i tryed:
- fresh OS with clone-cd - problem remains (software and os indepndent probem i assume).
- different write speeds (dosn’t help)
- different kind of media (dosn’t help)
- downgrading to firmware XS0U - problem remains (this one i have yet).
- downgrade to original XS0R firmware.
- try in different hw-configuration (other machine).
- exchange the drive.
LTR-32123S as secondary-master / single drive on sec-channel
Maybe some people had same problems ? Any other suggestions?
Hardware problem ?