Strange burning problem

Since some time, when burning, the burner (Litey 40x @ 48x)stops for some time (30secs or so), keeps my system 100% busy and suddenly continues. This happens both in CDRWin and Nero. I already did some reinstalls and that did not solve anything.

Since the last week, I kept getting an error in CDRWin: Unit attention. I found some info on the web about that error, but nothing that I think could be the case here.

At first, the problem only ocurred once every 50 discs, but now I produce coaster after coaster…!!!

Anybody?

Media?
If it does this on all media, may be the drive is dying. Good excuse to go get a new 52x drive. :bigsmile:
Seriously, I’d swap in a different drive, and if the problem persists you have a software or system issue.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Media?
If it does this on all media, may be the drive is dying. Good excuse to go get a new 52x drive. :bigsmile:
Seriously, I’d swap in a different drive, and if the problem persists you have a software or system issue.

I do not have any spare IDE drives… I only have spare SCSI drives… but they are working fine

I just reflashed my LiteOn with the VS02 firmware, let’s see what happens… I am burning a disc now and I am further than I came half an hour ago :slight_smile:

Update: a disc just completed succesfully. I hope this flash helped (although I do not understand how that would help, I reflashed it with the same firmware and I don’t believe in software-decay)…

It all seemed to be good to be true… after some burns, the error returned. Now I flashed the drive to VS08 firmware and it’s still working like the drive worked like before (burns do complete sucessfully, but often the burner pauses 30sec while burning)…