Story time: What's the dumbest thing anyone ever said to you?

vbimport

You know that particular feeling… You are middle in some conversation , or better yet, you are sitting , happily minding your own business and suddenly … you hear it…

It has got to be the dumbest thing anyone ever said to anyone… You can’t believe your ears how stupid it sounded.

Tell us your story about that time you heard someone say something so incredibly stupid , it was pathetic , yet funny to listen.

Oh well I got some of those…

-This rice tastes like coffee and smells likes carrots (I had the same rice, nothing wrong about it)

-I’d never want to live in the south of the Netherlands, as everyting is way too new there (said by someone living in Flevoland, a part of the Netherlands that didn’t exist before the 1960’s)

-I got a pentium 4 system with 4 3 Ghz CPU’s in it, cooled by air (said by someone in 1998)

-Gimme 14 apples, as 13 can’t be divided by four without cutting them

etc etc :wink:

“i would like to have a spaggetti carbonara, with the white sauce not the red one” (my sister ordering italian)

… and lots of other related to my line of work/studies that you wouldnt find funny anyways :wink:

Man, I’ve heard a lot of stupid things. First thing that came in my mind:

I was playing with my friends a question game (you know, you answer correct, you move forward). So a question comes up to friend of mine:

‘With which country borders Portugaly?’
and he, with an extra cool look on his face (something like pride) he answers:
‘I know it’s in America but let me think for a while so I can answer correctly’

Question from a classmate several years back, when we were pointing out countries on a globe:

“Where can I find the United Nations?”

Just a few seconds ago, when my collegue stood behind me and said: CDFreaks, what is that???

Originally posted by Namoh
Just a few seconds ago, when my collegue stood behind me and said: CDFreaks, what is that???

LOL ! :bigsmile:

I guess you then, smashed his faced for his terrible ignorance… :wink:

Hehe, once had a blonde girl in my class. She really made some stupid remarks, but I’ll just pick this one:

“The Nile is located in Greece, isn’t it?”
“No, ****, it’s called Egypt”
“Oh, I always mix those two up”

A blonde in my class asked our science teacher if it was true that the world was flat… Some years ago but still…

“cheer up”

This one hot-headed bastard:

“Dude, I can hack ANY computer. There’s a special serial number that comes with every computer. Its usually under the case or something.”

So I asked, “what about the custom-built computers that are assembled part-by-part?”

He says, “Oh hell no, I ain’t even touching that shit! That’s some tough shit!.”

cmr2003x, I’ll give you a hint of who it was - Shawn L.

Yes, the chubby kid with the glasses in my P.E. class! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

LMAO
Probably being sarcastic…I doubt he’d say something THAT dumb :wink:

Originally posted by DanDaMan1487

cmr2003x, I’ll give you a hint of who it was

You and anyone else may call me Chris on the forums…:smiley:

Start a thread,mate,about which is your favorite hockey team and everybody will answer!:bigsmile: /gs

in one of my philosophy classes

“is this percentage out of 100?”

as me and a friend fell out of our chairs, someone next to us assured us that it was a valid question…

During class - going over the rules of school
“If we wear a belt buckle but no one can see it, will we get in trouble?”

…good ole freshman. They get hit by cars and ask moronic questions to boot. :wink:

Originally posted by RedHatted
[B]LOL ! :bigsmile:

I guess you then, smashed his faced for his terrible ignorance… :wink: [/B]

Yep! :stuck_out_tongue:

verbatim quote from my boss.

“London’s a unique city, it’s a lot like New York.”

Originally posted by p4nts
[B]verbatim quote from my boss.

“London’s a unique city, it’s a lot like New York.” [/B]

Both London and NY are unique. They have uniqueness in common. But this is a shared meta-quality that does not compromise their uniqueness.

This is a well known paradox. The set of all things which do not fit into sets.

But, yes, we know your boss didn’t think about this. Grape Nuts are labelled as “a unique and very different breakfast cereal”.