StormJumpers DVDFab with ImgBurn Tutorial

vbimport

StormJumper, I set all the parameters as you suggested in your tutorial , but when DVDFab was through with the DVD, it did not go directly to IMGBurn to burn the disk, just said-“Job Completed.”
When I opened DVDFab and it looked at the disk, up came the name of the program I’m copying in the SOURCE Window. I did, as usual, I created a folder called (let’s say EXPENDABLES) and inside that folder I created another folder(as I always have) called VIDEO_TS, which I used as the Destination Disk.

I had always been accustomed to using DVD SHRINK after DVDFab & then creating an ISO file , then used IMGBurn to burn the ISO to a disk. I have a paid 2 year subscription for DVDFAB so my understanding is that I don’t have to use DVDSHRINK. to compress.That is why I wanted to use your tutorial so that DVDFAB would go directly too IMGBurn. Have I done something wrong here? You have helped me tremendously StormJumper ,over the last year or so. Perhaps you can see what I’ve done incorrectly.
I would appreciate a reply.

I’m not StormJumper but you need to go into common settings of DVDFab and make sure you have ImgBurn selected as burn engine. Take a look at the attachment to know

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559272]StormJumper, I set all the parameters as you suggested in your tutorial , but when DVDFab was through with the DVD, it did not go directly to IMGBurn to burn the disk, just said-"Job Completed."
When I opened DVDFab and it looked at the disk, up came the name of the program I’m copying in the SOURCE Window. I did, as usual, I created a folder called (let’s say EXPENDABLES) and inside that folder I created another folder(as I always have) called VIDEO_TS, which I used as the Destination Disk.

I had always been accustomed to using DVD SHRINK after DVDFab & then creating an ISO file , then used IMGBurn to burn the ISO to a disk. I have a paid 2 year subscription for DVDFAB so my understanding is that I don’t have to use DVDSHRINK. to compress.That is why I wanted to use your tutorial so that DVDFAB would go directly too IMGBurn. Have I done something wrong here? You have helped me tremendously StormJumper ,over the last year or so. Perhaps you can see what I’ve done incorrectly.
I would appreciate a reply.[/QUOTE]
As AGJ pointed out you have to select Imgburn as the default burn engine in DVDFab shown in AGJ’s post, which I believe the guide has this info as well.

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks guys but I already had IMGBurn set as the default burn engine. Was I right in creating a folder for the movie in question in my DVDFAB Temporary Files & creating a VIDEO_TS folder inside the movie folder as I have always done?

You see, I have always used DVD SHRINK after DVDFAB has ripped the movie to Shrink it & then I’ve used SHRINK to create an ISO file,I then used IMGBurn 5to burn the movie to a disk.
Does DVDFAB Full Version Shrink as well as rip the movie?
I notice in your tutorial, you are using IMGBurn to write Fies/Folders to a disk while I always write an Image Fie to a disk, How come? Does this still give you a workable back -up of the movie?
I just did Santa Paws & when DVDFAB was finished ripping, a window came up saying “Process Completed Successfully” & it ejected the original disk. It did not go directly into the IMGBurn program.

Again, does the Full Paid Version of DVDFAB shrink as well as rip?

Please try to explain to me why I don’t need to use DVD SHRINK after DVDFab has finished. I assume you go directly to IMGBurn to burn thre movie. Do U not create an ISO Image file?

Again, does the Full Paid Version of DVDFAB shrink as well as rip?

Yes!..

Please try to explain to me why I don’t need to use DVD SHRINK after DVDFab has finished. I assume you go directly to IMGBurn to burn thre movie. Do U not create an ISO Image file?

If the flick is [I]already[/I] compressed to fit a DVD-5 disc, why use shrink?..Just follow the guide and set Imgburn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder after rip…And no you don’t need to create an ISO with shrink…
FWIW, I usually just backup to HDD and burn externally with Imgburn…

Thanks, I figured that out & did burn a disk using the VIDEO_TS folder with my granddaughters new purchase of “The Search for Santa Paws”. I fast forwarded through it quickly after the burn & thought I might have seen some hesitation in a spot but haven’t really checked it out to confirm. Do you know if there is a problem burning this new release out here today. The way some young kids handle DVDs, I usually try to back up their original purchase for them to play & set the original aside.
I would appreciate any comments anyone might have on Santa Paws. I’m using the 8.0.5, I believe.

Hopefully one of the Mods in this section will move your thread to the DVDFab sub-forum :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2559455]Hopefully one of the Mods in this section will move your thread to the DVDFab sub-forum :D[/QUOTE]

Done :flower:

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559428]Thanks, I figured that out & did burn a disk using the VIDEO_TS folder with my granddaughters new purchase of “The Search for Santa Paws”. I fast forwarded through it quickly after the burn & thought I might have seen some hesitation in a spot but haven’t really checked it out to confirm. Do you know if there is a problem burning this new release out here today. The way some young kids handle DVDs, I usually try to back up their original purchase for them to play & set the original aside.
I would appreciate any comments anyone might have on Santa Paws. I’m using the 8.0.5, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don’t have Santa Paws to test it, if you think there may be a playback issue the best thing to do is watch the ripped file on the computer this will tell you if there is a problem with the files or a issue with the media you used, most playback issue are related to either the media or the write speed setting.

And I hear you on kid’s with DVDs they seem to have gorilla fingers when it comes to DVD/Cd’s :iagree:

Could you please tell me where or how to get to the Sub Forum where you moved this thread. Many Thanks.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559534]Could you please tell me where or how to get to the Sub Forum where you moved this thread. Many Thanks.[/QUOTE]

http://club.myce.com/f116/

Thanks SJ for all your help, it is very much appreciated. I will take the time to run Santa Paws through my computer before my granddaughter plays it. I use Verbatim DVD-R’s & Sony Printable DVD-R’s and have have had excellent success with very rarely a problem, possibly one or two out of 100 Sony disks bad & never seems to be a problem with my Verbatim ones.
AS I had said previously, my DVDFAB is set for IMGBurn as the burn engine but once DVDFAB has ripped the movie it says that the “operation has been completed successfully” and does not automatically go in to IMGBurn.

Should it not do that on its own with the burn engine set as IMGBurn?

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559545]Thanks SJ for all your help, it is very much appreciated. I will take the time to run Santa Paws through my computer before my granddaughter plays it. I use Verbatim DVD-R’s & Sony Printable DVD-R’s and have have had excellent success with very rarely a problem, possibly one or two out of 100 Sony disks bad & never seems to be a problem with my Verbatim ones.
AS I had said previously, my DVDFAB is set for IMGBurn as the burn engine but once DVDFAB has ripped the movie it says that the “operation has been completed successfully” [B]and does not automatically go in to IMGBurn.[/B]
Should it not do that on its own with the burn engine set as IMGBurn?[/QUOTE]

Is DVDFab just ripping to your hard drive ?

No, I have a folder called DVDFAB Temporary files and inside that I create a folder fo each movie and then inside that movie I create a folder called VIDEO_TS.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559578]No, I have a folder called DVDFAB Temporary files and inside that I create a folder fo each movie and then inside that movie I create a folder called VIDEO_TS.[/QUOTE]

When you set DVDFab to burn to a disc DVDFab will by default copy the files to DVDFab/Temp/Full Disc/movietitlefolder, for some reason it sounds like you do not have ImgBurn installed specially if you have ImgBurn selected in common settings :confused:

Can you please look on the start menu to verify you do have it installed, also you are selecting the drive/burner as the target right. not the c drive?

Just to check please click on the [B]?[/B] mark on the DVDFab titlebar(upper right corner) and selct “About” see if you are using a registered version.

I checked the Start Menu & IMGBurn was not there BUT it is on the C drive , in Program files, IMGBurn. I reinstalled it & now it shows in the START MENU. How could it have been on the Desktop, & in Program files but not in the Start Menu? And, Yes I checked the ? in DVDFAB & it shows my License Number & the Expiry date as April 29 2012.
Could this have made any difference in DVDFAB going directly to IMGBurn after it has ripped the movie?

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559626]I checked the Start Menu & IMGBurn was not there BUT it is on the C drive , in Program files, IMGBurn. I reinstalled it & now it shows in the START MENU. How could it have been on the Desktop, & in Program files but not in the Start Menu? And, Yes I checked the ? in DVDFAB & it shows my License Number & the Expiry date as April 29 2012.
Could this have made any difference in DVDFAB going directly to IMGBurn after it has ripped the movie?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure why ImgBurn was not on your start menu maybe there was a problem during the install the first time, please try using DVDFab again with ImgBurn selected as the burn enigine in DVDFab’s common settings.

also make sure you have “Recommended” set for the write speed in DVDFab, and since you had to re-install ImgBurn you may have to reset the burn speed in ImgBurn for the blank media your using.

[B]SJ[/B]

Hi SJ. When U mean in the Start Menu, do U mean when I click on START, then ALL PROGRAMS–IMGBurn is there. It wasn’t , as I said, but it is now. Everything is set as U suggested but when DVDFAB is done ripping the movie, it says “operation completed Successfully” and ejects the disk. Is it not supposed to automatically load IMGBurn and continue?

Sorry to be such a pest but I know, if any one can help me, you are the man.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2559746]Hi SJ. When U mean in the Start Menu, do U mean when I click on START, then ALL PROGRAMS–IMGBurn is there. It wasn’t , as I said, but it is now. Everything is set as U suggested but when DVDFAB is done ripping the movie, it says “operation completed Successfully” and ejects the disk. Is it not supposed to automatically load IMGBurn and continue?

Sorry to be such a pest but I know, if any one can help me, you are the man.[/QUOTE]

On the DVDFab main screen are you selecting your DVD burner as the target before you click start ?

also what brand and model is your DVD drive/burner ?

No, I didn’t. I selected drive C/ DVDFAB Temporary Files/Movie Name/Video/TS, Is that the problem?
My 2 DVD drives are as follows:

ASUS Blue Ray Reader/DVD Reader/Burner BC-06B 1ST Firmware 1.00

ASUS DVD Reader?Writer DRW -22B 1ST Firmware 1.00.