Storm Aftermath

vbimport

Check these pictures out, in Melbourne, Australia. It’s being like in the 30 degree celcius mark the last week, until these last few days where strong rains and heavy rain started to happen. where i live in geelong, it wasn’t as worst as melbourne…luckily…anyway check these pictures out…and the bad weather caused alot of damage and people died unfortunately

dang are you ok?

dang are you ok?

of course, i told you already…this happened in melbourne…and not where i live…bout 1hr away…so luckily me

but around your area was there any damage…i know slayerkin…said last night it was hailing

is that geelong beach the boardwalk area…>???..

is that geelong beach the boardwalk area…>???..

to tell the truth, i wouldn’t know…lol :bigsmile: …or maybe i shouldn’t be laughing…anyway, u being to geelong before?

here’s another picture…i got other’s but i found this pretty interesting…where the hell has the grass gone? :bigsmile:

9000 people are still out of electricity after last months storm here. Though luck for them.
Nice realtime map (unfortunately unavalible to those without power)
http://www.sydkraft.se/avbrott/index.asp

We’ve got dikes. :rolleyes:

I suggest filling those in to achieve hillarious effect :bigsmile:

all we get is tornados here. glad you arent swimming in your home.

Half the East Coast of Australia got battered by these storms. Flooding, hail, strong winds… south east Queensland got a dust storm. It’s been a crazy few days.

How was that freak tree fall, that killed that camping school girl, I cant get over that, half a foot either way she would have walked away. But I think we know what a bitch mother nature can be. Neighbours tree across the road fell onto his house, nothing major smashed a few tiles, so I’ve been helping him clear debris and chuck a tarp on the roof. Middle of freaking summer and it was 0c last night, I was walking around in shorts and no top 2 days ago:)

here’s another pictures…a 100yr old tree…what a shame

Sadly it’s not really a freak. It’s part of many eucalypt (gum) trees natural life that they drop branches (sometimes very large branches) from time to time and the weather we had was certainly the weather for that to happen.

As for me, I do live in Melbourne where conditions were worst; suffered some leakage into and damage to my garage ceiling and carpets in one room soaked where the wind and rain forced external doors open but otherwise nothing untoward.

Sadly it’s not really a freak. It’s part of many eucalypt (gum) trees natural life that they drop branches (sometimes very large branches) from time to time and the weather we had was certainly the weather for that to happen.
Thats not quite what I meant, if you havent noticed I live in the bush capital and gums hit the dirt (and the neighbours roof) on a regular basis, wind or not. What spun me out was of all the countless positions it could have landed, this particular branch made a beeline for her head.

I hope you guys in AU are OK.

The nature gone crazy now. Flood everywhere, hurricane, snow storm, TSUNAMI, and now this. I wonder what’s next…

Hope all is ok. We get that kinda weather here all the time. Have flood plains they won’t build houses for that reason.

I’m in Melbourne, about 15 minutes west of the CBD. It normally takes me 10 minutes to get to work, the day after it took 2 hours. vdk_au you might have seen the Toyota plant on the news, thats where I work.

It was a massive storm but no damage around the house. Having been in an earth quake (Newcastle '89) I would have to say I was more worried during this storm. We had the dogs inside, the weather shields on the windows had to be put up (that is rolled back in to the roof) because they were going to be ripped off.

Mind you the car had the best high preasure clean it’s ever had :slight_smile:

Mind you the car had the best high preasure clean it’s ever had

u should have left in it’s condition…lol… :bigsmile: