Storing more than 1gb file on 800 MB cd-r disk

vbimport

Greetings!
I am new here.
I have a movie , which is 1.46 GB(downloaded from the web), My CD-R disk is only 800MB capacity. Now, how can I split that 1.46 GB of file into 800 MB CD-R disk? Is there any program that splits this size of movie into two separate disks or , perhaps, compresses this file into one 800 MB disk? I have a Nero burner! I am going to watch this movie on my PC using MP3 or VLC player.

AVI DeMux should be able to split the video without re-encoding. And please, one post on a topic is enough.

I could be mistaken, but arent CD-Rs only 700mb max?

I’ll ‘assume’ the file you downloaded is in avi format. You should be able to convert that file into dvd files (using AVI2DVD or Convert Genius), then use Nero Recode to burn it to 2 discs.

[QUOTE=svalbe223;2473055]Greetings!
I am new here.
I have a movie , which is 1.46 GB(downloaded from the web), My CD-R disk is only 800MB capacity. Now, how can I split that 1.46 GB of file into 800 MB CD-R disk? Is there any program that splits this size of movie into two separate disks or , perhaps, compresses this file into one 800 MB disk? I have a Nero burner! I am going to watch this movie on my PC using MP3 or VLC player.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2473289]I could be mistaken, but arent CD-Rs only 700mb max?[/QUOTE]

You could use overburning. And there are 74, 80 and 99 minute cd’s available.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2473448]You could use overburning. And there are 74, 80 and 99 minute cd’s available.[/QUOTE]

I am not talking about mins, but about max data.
A CD-R can hold max 700mb of DATA.
As for music, that’s 80minutes. Ifcourse, you could burn hundreds
of MP3s instead of making an audio CD.

OSTA does not recommend using above 700mb CD-Rs.
OSTA.org

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2495244]I am not talking about mins, but about max data.[/quote] Err. okay?

A CD-R can hold max 700mb of DATA.

An average CD of 82’ contains 720 MB of data or 827 MB of audio

Or use 99 minute cd’s, which hold 800 megs. Highly incompatible, but it can work. See Wikipedia, Subject Capacity

OSTA.org
Duh.

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2495244]I am not talking about mins, but about max data.
[B]A CD-R can hold max 700mb of DATA.[/B]

OSTA.org[/QUOTE]

Wrong, wrong.

A CD-R even can hold up to 990mb if you choose the correct sector count…

Maybe a stupid question here but why not use a dvd instead of a cd then you could get all the movie on one disc. I know its off topic but just thought I’d mention it

Sure would that make sense…but some people like it complicated.

Give it up - The OP hasn’t been back (or at least logged in) since December 2009.