Storing DVDs

Hi, I’m new to the forum (obviously). I have some questions about storing DVD disks.

1. Burned disks: I know that jewel cases are preferred for storing, but what about individual paper sleeves for storing long-term? (Are they safe for your disks or will the acid in the paper harm them over time?)

2. Which is better for storing long-term if the disks are in individual jewel cases: vertically or horizontally? How about for paper sleeves - vert. or hor. ?

3. What about bought professionally made disks that are in their own fairly thin cases or big boxed sets: vertically or horizontally or no difference?

4. Is it okay to store burned disks that are in individual jewel cases vertically on top of each other? (In other words: I have about 20 or 30 disks in individual j. cases setting vertically in small cardboard boxes which are stacked on top of each other. Will the weight of the top box bend or warp the disks on the bottom (which are all in jewel cases)?

Thanks in advance.

(bump)

1. shouldn’t matter. Just use a cool, dark, and dry environment.

2. no difference

3. see #2

4. doesn’t matter…plastic jewel usually break before bending or warping (unless they are heated).