Stops working / not recognized (Optiarc AD-7630A)

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7630A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi

Not sure if anone can give me any help. My 7630A just keeps on disapeareing from view, I can be using it fine one moment and then the next it stops working. I look in my computer and it’s gone, I look in system devices and it’s no where to be seen.

Normally on restarting my computer the drive shows its face again. Some times it will come back and the computer will try and find drivers because for some reason it wants to install : Opuiarc EVD RW AD-6630A??? but then by retarting it again it will return to normal.

I tried a new drive thinking maybe I had corrupt firmware, but the new one has done the same, I thought maybe it was windows so I ghosted my PC back to it’s original state. I’ve also looked at the fix to delete the upper and lower filters in the reg, but these whern’t there anyway.

I’ve run out of ideas, can anyone push me in the right direction??

I run Windows XP with 2x GB Ram and 100GB Hard disk.

Thanks

Ben

Sound like the drive is not properly connected to your laptops connector. Try removing the drive and then firmly but carefully insert the drive again.