Stops anaylzing DVD and ends program

I am new to this world of video know little. I am a retired woman who records television episodes with a LiteOn DVD Recorder LVW-5115GHC+ on Memorex DVD+RW. I want to be able to copy some of the episodes to my HD so I can then have no region code. I want to then select episodes I want to send to a friend overseas.

I start up DVDFAB 5 Platinum, selected copy entire disc, chose my HD as the destination and as the Analyzing disc info bar reaches 1/2 way the program just stops and is gone. I have disabled all auto run type settings on my PC. I am kind of stumped because I cannot find anything in the documentation and my search skills are very poor. Since I recorded with a DVD+RW I should not have to finalize the disc. What am I doing wrong?

btw I tried this with other discs and no problems. Just the ones from my recorder. I see TS_VIDEO and RM_VIDEO when I just look at the disc for contents. Will some one please help me out?

ETA: I am running WIN XP SP2, P4, 2.8Mhz with 2G memory on a Dell 3000 Dimension that is 5 years old.

Thank you so much,
Dew

[quote=StarDew;2198506]I am new to this world of video know little. I am a retired woman who records television episodes with a LiteOn DVD Recorder LVW-5115GHC+ on Memorex DVD+RW. I want to be able to copy some of the episodes to my HD so I can then have no region code. I want to then select episodes I want to send to a friend overseas.

I start up DVDFAB 5 Platinum, selected copy entire disc, chose my HD as the destination and as the Analyzing disc info bar reaches 1/2 way the program just stops and is gone. I have disabled all auto run type settings on my PC. I am kind of stumped because I cannot find anything in the documentation and my search skills are very poor. Since I recorded with a DVD+RW I should not have to finalize the disc. What am I doing wrong?

btw I tried this with other discs and no problems. Just the ones from my recorder. I see TS_VIDEO and RM_VIDEO when I just look at the disc for contents. Will some one please help me out?

ETA: I am running WIN XP SP2, P4, 2.8Mhz with 2G memory on a Dell 3000 Dimension that is 5 years old.

Thank you so much,
Dew[/quote]
May be that the one from your recorder is not in DVD compliant format

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I coped the disc to my HD just plain vanilla c/p. I can watch any episode from the TS_VIDEO folder any episode or I can watch straight from the dvd with VLC albeit in the small window. I know that the resolution is smaller from TV so I open it full screen and watch it fine. I just want to copy it to get rid of the region codes and to select episodes so my friend overseas can catch up on some American tv. Can I do this with DVDFAB 5 Platinum?

If I can watch it then I would assume, bad word I know, that it be DVD compliant.

[quote=StarDew;2198533]Thank you kindly for your reply.

I coped the disc to my HD just plain vanilla c/p. I can watch any episode from the TS_VIDEO folder any episode or I can watch straight from the dvd with VLC albeit in the small window. I know that the resolution is smaller from TV so I open it full screen and watch it fine. I just want to copy it to get rid of the region codes and to select episodes so my friend overseas can catch up on some American tv. Can I do this with DVDFAB 5 Platinum?

If I can watch it then I would assume, bad word I know, that it be DVD compliant.[/quote]
May I ask is it in NTSC or PAL form ?

OH I hang my head in shame. :frowning: I don’t know what you mean by PAL or NTSC. Please excuse my ignorance. Can you try that question again? Thank you.

OK I checked out the definitions and it would be NTSC. Sorry. :frowning:

I took this information from the log.

2009-01-15 22:45:08 ---- ******************** Log session stop 15-Jan 22:45:08.125 PID 2992********************
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - _NEC DVD±RW ND-3450A 103C [D] (Ide)
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-15 22:45:07 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Personal (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
2009-01-15 22:45:07 ---- ******************** Log session start 15-Jan 22:45:07.562 PID 2992********************

I tried to copy just the TS_VIDEO folder from the c/p I did of the disc to the default DVDFAB folder and received the following error Task_1 Failed! Error 700
Process failed.

I thought maybe if I used the copied version instead of the disc then it would be able to read the information. I was wrong. :frowning:

I truly apologize for being ignorant. I am 56 and not very savvy with this new technology. I just want to do this simple task and not much more.

Thank you.

try to creat a new folder and name that folder. Then put the video TS folder into that new folder then make another new folder name that AUDIO TS and insert that empty folder into the new folder you put the VIDEO TS folder into. Now open fab up and select the new folder you have and try it. Post back if that works

This did not work. I hope I followed your directions correctly. I created a folder, dragged the VIDEO_TS folder there, created a blank AUDIO_TS folder and dragged that there. I open DVDFAB and made the target the default and put the new folder in the source and before I could blink DVDFAB was gone. Never analyzed or anything.

What is so different with a recorded television dvd? I noticed there is a VIDEO_RM file and no AUDIO_TS in the folder I did the vanilla copy of the disc to.

Thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:

dvd recorders record TV programs differently than a commercially pressed DVD is made.

I have been reading a lot from this site and the net. I now know that it is my LiteOn DVD recorder that is creating my problems. I read also that using a R- DVD would not have the VIDEO_RM folder but alas mine does. I did finalize.

I have learned a great deal. Now I have to learn how to rip this +RW disc because DVDFAB cannot read it. I am still working on this issue. Thank you for to all that helped. I feel so dumb. :frowning:

[quote=StarDew;2199394]I have been reading a lot from this site and the net. I now know that it is my LiteOn DVD recorder that is creating my problems. I read also that using a R- DVD would not have the VIDEO_RM folder but alas mine does. I did finalize.

I have learned a great deal. Now I have to learn how to rip this +RW disc because DVDFAB cannot read it. I am still working on this issue. Thank you for to all that helped. I feel so dumb. :([/quote]
This forum is here for all of us to learn and help others with what we know and have learned from here and other forums and internet. Also your welcome and hope to see you here again

OK can you try it again but this time disable Pathplayer. To disable pathplayer you need to go into common settings. Click the green circle with the check mark at the top right of dvdfab. then click pathplayer and choose disable pathplayer. Then click OK at the bottom, now try and copy what you have been trying to as another member said was having about the same problem as you and this worked.

Thank you for your reply. Doesn’t work. :frowning: I even ripped VIEDO_TS to an .iso file and then burned ending with a disc in DVD format and no VIDEO_RM folder. DVDFAB 5 wouldn’t read that either. I get a window asking for all sorts of information and then it shuts down.

Still in the hunt. :slight_smile:

[quote=StarDew;2201355]Thank you for your reply. Doesn’t work. :frowning: I even ripped VIEDO_TS to an .iso file and then burned ending with a disc in DVD format and no VIDEO_RM folder. DVDFAB 5 wouldn’t read that either. I get a window asking for all sorts of information and then it shuts down.

Still in the hunt. :)[/quote]
Is this issue you are having is it related to the thread you have in the newbie section where you have over 23 replies?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2201398]Is this issue you are having is it related to the thread you have in the newbie section where you have over 23 replies?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I took it there to keep with forum rules about not mentioning other software and because I am new to this type of computing. I believe I may have erred with this thread. I replied to this thread because GJprovided a suggestion. I am making great progress and learning quite a bit. I will not reply here anymore.

Thank you for your assistance also StormJumper. :slight_smile: