Stock firmware needed (0L05) - LiteOn iHAS 124-04 D

Hello everyone, I need stock firmware for my iHAS 124-04 D burner. If someone could upload it here, it would be great. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

+1, I’ve made a mistake of flashing 8L0A firmware on the drive, it turns it into a pile of garbage! Do not do this!

8L05 can be found here.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124%2BD/files.html

Last time I tried it though, you couldn’t even reflash the same version to these drives (I only tried on a iHAS124 C), let alone a previous one.

Same as series “C”. If your have flashed your 124D to firmware 8L0A, you cannot reflash your drive to older and same version firmwares.

First of all, thanks for answering on my topic. I have downgraded my burner with 8L05 fw, now it works ok. :slight_smile: This last firmware 8L0A got me headache, now it works ok. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Oh, the flasher just worked did it? Or did you have to do something special to make it flash the older version?

I’ve managed a breakthrough…?

[B]I’ve just bypassed the drive type check[/B], turns out it’s only a simple name check.

Using… DAEMON Tools. I’ve made a new virtual drive with these device parameters:

Vendor: ATAPI
Model: iHAS124___D (notice the three spaces! it shouldn’t be underscores, but forum’s autocorrect erases them)
Revision: 8L03 (this way - starting with the oldest any firmware could be flashed)

I don’t have time (it’s nearly midnight in my country) and probably courage to flash my drive… i don’t want to break it up completely.

Also, I don’t remember the steps of the flashing process.

Now I’m on the “Warning” step (This flash ulility only supports… blablabla). Will pressing “yes” automaticlly proceed to flashing the (virtual) drive? Or could I choose the drives from the list?

It won’t automatically flash, no.

You’ll get the option to select a drive… but then it may perform another drive/firmware version check and you’ll be back to square 1 :frowning:

“This drive is not allowed to be updated.”…

this isn’t as simple as I thought

Annoying isn’t it!

[sarcasm]
Nice going, Lite-On! :wink:
[/sarcasm]

Me to the same i was flash my liteon ihas 124 d with 8LOA from here
http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124%2BD/files.html
and now i can’t simply restore the first original firmware that wass the 8LO5 because every exe file i run from the above link it tell me that i don’t have liteon ihas 124 drive and doesn’t do anything at all.

So can anyone tell me how i can extract the .bin firmware file from 8LO5 first firmware of liteon ihas 124d drive?

A lot of thanks.

You can extract .bin firmware files for Liteon Drives thru this utility:
“Flash Utility for LiteOn Based Optical Drives” Version 6.0.1 by codeguys.rpc1.org.

Download it and “Read Flash” and save it to your location in Hard Drive.

NOTE: Don’t write the flash…Just read flash and save the .bin file of the loaded firmware.

AND [B]“LITEON iHAS124 D Fix (If you upgraded to 8L0A)”[/B]

This tool is for those of you that have chosen to update your LITEON iHAS124 D to the 8L0A firmware.

Download from this link…

http://filebeam.com/ce4c76eada64ce8e875bc4f3ec139687

The following procedures will fix the issue.

1.) Run The Flash_Utility.exe and select your iHAS124 drive. Be sure the Flash read size is set to 1MB and “Update boot code” is unchecked. Click ‘Write Flash’ navigate to the folder you extracted this fix to and select ‘8L05.bin.’

2.) The Flash Utility will usually FAIL writing the firmware. Either way, pass or fail, this fix will still work.

3.) Restart the Flash Utility and select the iHAS124 drive once more. It should now read “ATAPI iHAS124 D 0XXX.” or “ATAPI iHAS124 D 8L05.” Regardless of which firmware version it shows, you are still good.

NOTE: If the drive shows 0XXX as the revision, the MTK Flash chip is erased and the drive is in a status were it will not do anything at all, the green LED on the drive may be flashing at this point. Continue onward, the next step will remedy this.

4.) Exit the Flash Utility and run “8L05.exe.” Click ‘Yes’ at the Warning and then select your iHAS124 drive and click “Update” (green check mark). When this step has finished with a “Success!”, restart your computer and you are DONE!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Yes you can but it was.useless because you can’t restore it.

For restore it you must simply run flash program and choose to flash any 128d firmware without success and then simply close that prg and run the official 8loa.

It will restore to stock fw

Unfortunately FU v6.0.1 cannot read the correct data from C and D series Drives. The content of the read files are just garbage.

EXACTLY THAT MY FRIEND but it helps to restore the stock fw

[QUOTE=ftwin;2671642]+1, I’ve made a mistake of flashing 8L0A firmware on the drive, it turns it into a pile of garbage! Do not do this![/QUOTE]

This tool is for those of you that have chosen to update your LITEON iHAS124 D to the 8L0A firmware.

Download from this link…

http://filebeam.com/ce4c76eada64ce8e875bc4f3ec139687

The following procedures will fix the issue.

1.) Run The Flash_Utility.exe and select your iHAS124 drive. Be sure the Flash read size is set to 1MB and “Update boot code” is unchecked. Click ‘Write Flash’ navigate to the folder you extracted this fix to and select ‘8L05.bin.’

2.) The Flash Utility will usually FAIL writing the firmware. Either way, pass or fail, this fix will still work.

3.) Restart the Flash Utility and select the iHAS124 drive once more. It should now read “ATAPI iHAS124 D 0XXX.” or “ATAPI iHAS124 D 8L05.” Regardless of which firmware version it shows, you are still good.

NOTE: If the drive shows 0XXX as the revision, the MTK Flash chip is erased and the drive is in a status were it will not do anything at all, the green LED on the drive may be flashing at this point. Continue onward, the next step will remedy this.

4.) Exit the Flash Utility and run “8L05.exe.” Click ‘Yes’ at the Warning and then select your iHAS124 drive and click “Update” (green check mark). When this step has finished with a “Success!”, restart your computer and you are DONE! :iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=Computer_Spider;2674134]
AND [B]“LITEON iHAS124 D Fix (If you upgraded to 8L0A)”[/B]…
[/QUOTE]

The putting Drives into boot mode method already posted here one week ago.

Gee, thanks for your VERY informative solution, not giving credit where it’s due, and copying and pasting almost word-for-word. :rolleyes:

What exactly is the problem with that 8L0A firmware ?

I see here that NewFish is very successfully using and testing the 124D with 8L0A, so the firmware obviously works fine…at least for some but not so for others ???

I Googled a little and there is no other references/mentions concerning problems with that firmware revision, beside the couple of threads here at Club Myce. (Not counting the XBOX community, they have problems on their own, their discs need to be burned in some particular way…)

It seem incredible to me that Lite-On would keep a faulty firmware on their site for more than a month, with no users bad reactions and feedback.

[QUOTE=drapin;2674235]What exactly is the problem with that 8L0A firmware ?

I see here that NewFish is very successfully using and testing the 124D with 8L0A, so the firmware obviously works fine…at least for some but not so for others ???

I Googled a little and there is no other references/mentions concerning problems with that firmware revision, beside the couple of threads here at Club Myce. (Not counting the XBOX community, they have problems on their own, their discs need to be burned in some particular way…)

It seem incredible to me that Lite-On would keep a faulty firmware on their site for more than a month, with no users bad reactions and feedback.[/QUOTE]

Its not upto mark.The motor is creating a great noise at ‘Leadin’ at the start of the burn…not as of Lite-On standards.The noise does not even stops at the time of ‘Writing Sectors’.Tested at 4x,8x,12x with sony and verbatim. We have downloaded the firmware from Here Some are not even able to burn at all.Suddenly motor of iHAS 124 D starts at double the speed of the original spin.It was not there with 8L05 and 8L08 Firmware.Cannot confirm if we can download and upgrade using the ‘SmartPackSetup1.22.0’ utility from Lite-On site.Not Sure.Reverted back to 8L05(3.10.2012) release and the things are fine.:confused: