Still problems with stealth

i still can’t copy stealth r1 ws heres what any dvd said
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.6.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 3!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
but clonedvd 2.8.51 gives error in the attached image file also sending the .ifo’s it does work fine with dvdreginfree and clonedvd i own both anydavd and dvdreginfree but no they aren’t running at same time my anydvd serial no
thanks jimmy

There is a possiblilty of a bad pressing. AnyDVD seems like it did its job. I used DVD Decrypter for this movie, but AnyDVD will definately not have a problem.

You can try Decrypter to see if you get a read error somewhere outside of the ARccOS crap. The ARccOS unrippable cell is cell 12 of VTS_01 Chapter 1, so you can use IFO mode to rip the movie skipping this cell. Skip the first 21 cells though so that you will know for sure if the read error is coming from the movie. If there is a read error past cell 21, then you definately have something wrong with your disc. Try cleaning it and see if it works, otherwise go exchange the disc for a new one.

Try ripping with VobBlanker while running AnyDVD in the BG. While you rip, blank out all of the previews and such. You can also strip out the unwanted audio if you like. The video of this movie is actually quite small. Something around 3.5 gigs, so you will not need to compress at all unless if you want the DTS as well.

thanks i useed dvdreginfree and clone dvd worked fine oddly enough with anydvd clone dvd doesn’t see the layer break with dvdregibfree it does any ideas
jimmy

Where is CloneDVD supposed to “see” the layer break?

stealh has a layer break with anydad clobedvd desen’t see the layer break but with dvd reginfree clonedvd see’s the break just fine
jimmy

I think what Tru is asking is what do you mean by “see” which is not a technical term or a good explaination.

I also suspect the next release of CloneDVD2 (or will it be called CloneDVD3?) will have either a manual indicator for the layer break or updated break logic to find the break and use it automatically to rip and burn a DL disk rather than breaking at the end of the closest chapter. Just guessing but I’ll bet that’s one of the things elby has been working on since July 12th.

Best regards,
Whisperer

How do you know? elby CloneDVD does not have any message “I see a layer break”, does it???

ok sorry with dvdreinfree clonedvd said successfull removeed layer brek
but with anydvd there’s no message which means according to clonedvd docs no layer break found
ps i’m burning to a single layer dvd and movie backs up fine with dvdreinfree and clonedvd but will not back up with anydvd and clonedvd
jimmy

Sony has moved a step further with copy protections.

Any dvd CSS free etc wont do!

Create your own PLS files (guides are spread allover the net) import them to DVDD and off you go!!

I disagree with you, I have burned Stealth region 1, widescreen, with CloneDVD and AnyDVD without any problems. AnyDVD did it’s job as intended.

I, too, was successful with AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. No sweat!!

Same here, same setup as above and no prob…as usual