Still no DL firmware for DVR-115D?

Just got my 115D last week with fw 1.06.

Is there still no official or non-official later firmware anywhere to be downloaded? Asus, Buffalo or otherwise?

nope there isn’t any available as yet

Very soon. Of course over the xmas/new year period the company shuts down for a little while so its a little more held up than we would like.

The good news is it should be a big increase in quality.

Thanks for the news!

[QUOTE=Brad-Pioneer;1972313]Very soon. Of course over the xmas/new year period the company shuts down for a little while so its a little more held up than we would like.

The good news is it should be a big increase in quality.[/QUOTE]
It should be a big increase in quality? What does this mean? For example: my 115d won’t recognize Platinum DL 8x and only burn these dvd’s on 2.4 speed, with often error to close disk at once.
Will this problem be solved?

regards

Olaf
The Netherlands

[QUOTE=ovdeijk;1973715]It should be a big increase in quality? What does this mean? For example: my 115d won’t recognize Platinum DL 8x and only burn these dvd’s on 2.4 speed, with often error to close disk at once.
Will this problem be solved?[/QUOTE]

If you give me the MID I can check when the new FW is released.

However the good advice from the knowledgable members here is to stay away from noname DLs and use something like Verbatim which will always work well.

Just because the sticker on the pack says 8x, doesn’t mean the media is any good quality or that an 8x burn will give you a quality result.

Also will 1.15 support 16x +R RicohjpnR03 media which is actually pretty good quality media and used by known brands like maxell etc. 1.13 supports this media at 12x only :frowning:

[QUOTE=OC-Freak;1974077]Also will 1.15 support 16x +R RicohjpnR03 media which is actually pretty good quality media and used by known brands like maxell etc. 1.13 supports this media at 12x only :([/QUOTE]

I can’t tell you anything about it until I get it in my hands.

Chances are if its limited to 12x we have enough concerns about variable batches of the media its gonna stay that way.

[QUOTE=ovdeijk;1973715]It should be a big increase in quality? What does this mean? For example: my 115d won’t recognize Platinum DL 8x and only burn these dvd’s on 2.4 speed, with often error to close disk at once.
Will this problem be solved?

regards

Olaf
The Netherlands[/QUOTE]

There is the problem: no MID mentioned…
I got a bunch of Intenso DVD+R DL 8x rated for testing, available burnspeeds were 2.4x, 4x, 6, and 8x. I chose 4x and burned 2 of them in my 111, came out surprisingly good.
MID info:

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 4,173,824
Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes
Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:
L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912
Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67
Book Type: DVD+R DL
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Hello, I am a newbie ( :doh: )
Don’t get angry with me ( :flower: )

I recently bought a DVR-115D.
I am wondering if a Firmware update affects the burn quality, or if it is “just” a matter of the media compatibility/speed.

In other words, should I wait until a firmware update is available before I start burning?

I’m using Taiyo Yuden media, YUDEN000T02.

Thanks, guys.

@ MisterSister,

You should not have any problems Burning Taiyo Yuden YUDEN000T02 Media in your Pioneer DVR-115D v1.06. There should be no need to wait until Firmware version 1.15 is released before using your DVR-115 to Burn Taiyo Yuden YUDEN000T02 Media.

What are your expectations concerning the new yet unreleased version 1.15 Firmware and your Pioneer DVR-115D?

Regards,
bjkg