Still need help on burning Black and White

vbimport

I tried to make a backup CD for Black and White, but all 7 CD's I've burned failed to work. I've also tried it by using Clone CD 4 Beta 21, but it still would not work. plz help me

my clone cd 4 setting

DATA Read Settings:

Reading from the YAMAHA2200EZ:

Read Speed Data: MAX
:slight_smile: Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks (blank)
X Regenerate Data Sectores (well it fix the read errors on 30 sek)

Audio Read Settings:

Read Speed Audio: MAX
Audio Extraction Quality: Best
X Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
:slight_smile: Only read the first Session (blank)

Error Handling:

Fast Error Skip Settings: ON
:slight_smile: Abort on Read Error
:slight_smile: Don´t report read errors
:slight_smile: Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner

WRITE Settings:

Write Speed: MAX
X Amplify weak sectors
:slight_smile: Don´t repair Subchannel Data
X Always Close last Session:

is the setting wrong?
any suggestions?

B&W = SD2

Uncheck[ul][li]Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks[*]Unchecking “Amplify weak sectors” will give you a copy that will work in just the Yammy, too ;)[/ul]
[/li]
Check this thread. Then read this thread; then try writing in RAW-SAO because it may not be able to write in RAW-DAO.

You mentioned that I could uncheck AWS and Read from Sub. However, I found that my cd writer (YAMAHA 2200 EZ) does not support EFM from Clone CD’s website. Does that mean AWS IS required? (Besides, I tried to make a copy without AWS on with Clone CD 3.3.4.1 before, and the CD still does not work)

And one more question, does it matter whether I check “read from sub” or not when making a B & W CD copy? I thought it only affects the amount of time spent for reading the CD.

note: The backup CDs’ I made are able to autorun, but when I try to install the software, the CD keeps spinning and the screen just freeze. My CD writer is DAO 96 compatible.

Upgrade to the latest CloneCD public beta release & use the “game profile” - let me know how it goes.

If you’re playing from the burner don’t forget to use “Hide CD-R Media” from the system tray icon (not US or JP) :wink:

Yes!!!
After wasting 8 blank CD’s, I finally made a working backup CD. It passed the CD check also.

Thank you sooooooo much
:slight_smile:

but I am confused… are there any hidden settings in “game” that we cannot modify? Why the CD does not work when I burn it with a new profile?

Originally posted by johnnylien
Yes!!! Thank you sooooooo much :slight_smile: but I am confused… are there any hidden settings in “game” that we cannot modify? Why the CD does not work when I burn it with a new profile?
No hidden settings that concern us. Look for my ‘read this, this & this’ post here :wink: