Still having problems with QT

vbimport

[B]OK… I have a new video card installed…
Latest QT version…XP3…

after dvd is put in my player,
source [at top] says to "please insert disc or video file.
It is Not reading any dvd’s…

I checked and used all other FAB versions 6,7,8 etc and they all read the disk…Main movie or full disk,
any answers here?
thanks…[/B]

I did un-install QT and re-installed the latest version…
this is what happens when I put a dvd in…

E: shouldn’t be the “Target” it should be the “Source”.
Try putting your harddrive as the Target befroe inserting a DVD in drive E:

[QUOTE=cholla;2632188]E: shouldn’t be the “Target” it should be the “Source”.
Try putting your harddrive as the Target befroe inserting a DVD in drive E:[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t matter what is showing in the target window.

@[B]rago88[/B]

Did you do a clean un-install before re-installing ? also have you checked all settings in common settings ?

I checked my common settings and nothing obviously wrong.

clean uninstall? i used fabQT unistaller thru windows thru start/programs/dvdfabqt uninstall?..

[QUOTE=rago88;2632213]I checked my common settings and nothing obviously wrong.

clean uninstall? i used fabQT unistaller thru windows thru start/programs/dvdfabqt uninstall?..[/QUOTE]
When you stated [B]“I checked and used all other FAB versions 6,7,8 etc and they all read the disk”[/B] was that in reference to all DVDs or just the one disc that gave you the message above ?

If it is only the one disc(movie title) it has been known for DVDFab to loose support for a movie title or a copy protection in newly released versions where older version still has no issues with it, please send the needed info to Fengtao so he and his staff can check into your problem see link below.

[B]SJ[/B]

By the way have you checked common settings-> [B]‘Drives’[/B] to ensure all your drives are listed and has a check mark next to them ?.

ok… something new to add… [U]just double checked fab 7 and 8 and QT[/U]…

The other versions do not show this[obviously]…
wondering why a A/V codec thing is not affecting the other versions but me thinks this may be the rascal here.

Also, don’t know if this means anything but the newer video card I installed this week which is actually old is nividia gforce 6200 or 6 something series. .[original was a 5200 series and I read somewhere in these posts that the driver version for the older 5200 would not work with QT ALSO, someone in that post mentioned he installed a nividia 6200 graphic card and his problems ceased using QT with XP3.]…

anyways, the card has the digital output but I am still using the analog output since my monitor is still the older analog… so… the new drivers I downloaded obviously are for analog or digital… would that cause any problems with QT…
BTW:
just spitballin on that digital/analog thing but thought I would mention it…

Do you want to work on one problem at a time ?, tread started about DVD Copy according to the first screen shot and now A/V Codec and graphic card.

ok…understand…
too much info… sorry…

I just checked my win7 laptop and it also shows “CoreAVC not detected” so I’m ruling that out since QT works on my laptop…back to original problem of not seeing or reading my E/ drive…
I did try other dvd’s so it’s not limited to a certain movie etc…

[QUOTE=rago88;2632295]ok…understand…
too much info… sorry…

I just checked my win7 laptop and it also shows “CoreAVC not detected” so I’m ruling that out since QT works on my laptop…back to original problem of not seeing or reading my E/ drive…
I did try other dvd’s so it’s not limited to a certain movie etc…[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with too much info, it is just that trying to solve multiple problems at the same time things gets overlooked due to jumping from one issue to another issue without resolving the first issue.

And I never got an answer on post #6 & 7 that is in response to your original problem in which you started this thread for, I will be busy most of the weekend so hopefully another member will step in to help .

[B]SJ[/B]

the graphic driver thing was brought up because way back when QT came out, there was a problem for XP3 users and certain older driver versions for Nividia were a problem with QT[ resolved in that same thread by updating a graphic card and drivers etc.]… that’s where all that came from and in my mind may have caused the problem…
yes, my E drive is showing in common settings and has a check next to it…
everything else in settings looks correct…
No, there are not certain movies that appear to be a problem in themselves as every movie I put in works on older versions of fab.
[6 different ones were used]…
I will forward this problem to the link you sent me…
thank you…

ok Stormjumper.,
here’s the latest…
sucessfull operation…[U]did acouple things here but not sure which did it.

1] [/U]I un-installed my dvd player [driveE] then found new hardware install.
2]re-installed QT version after clean removal.
3]went into E drive and checked on “open dvd with DVDFAB”.[pointed it to the software because I could here the player spinning when I normally would open up QT but it just wasn’t seeing or scanning my drive I assume.
4]Also did the reg edit zip file for XP3 even though I have updated the graphic card
5] went to nividia folder and removed the older graphic drivers just in case.

not sure what worked but looks to be ok now…
thanks for your input.
Rago88
Pa.

:cool: Happy to hear you got things up and running :clap:

Most likely #1, 2 and 3 did the trick, anyway enjoy the rest of your weekend. :flower: