Still getting "No Drive Detected"

I’m using a trial version of AnyDVD 6.0.8.5, and I’m getting the No Drive Detected message. I’ve followed the instructions in several other threads, and nothing is working.

No one has mentioned this before, but I think the problem might be due to the way the Intel 965 boards handle their IDE ports. It’s not native to the chipsets, but added on by the board manufacturer’s as an afterthought. I can’t even flash the firmware of my HP dvd840 without actually loading special DOS drivers. The weird thing is, this never happened with a previous version of AnyDVD, 6.0.8.2 I think.

What are some other solutions I can try?

Can you re-install 6082 or did you not save it.

Check off “Safe Mode” in AnyDVD and try again.

I believe you installed the JMicron RAID driver. Bad idea, if you did so. Just use the standard Microsoft drivers, they work fine with Intel P965 and the JMicron IDE controller.
And you surely don’t need a RAID driver for CD/DVD-ROMs.

If you want to know how to revert to standard drivers, here are quick instructions:

Open device manager, click SCSI & RAID controllers, JMicron controller.
Right mouseclick -> Update driver.
Allow windows to connect … no.
Click “Install from a list …” (Advanced)
Click "Don’t search. I will choose a driver …"
Select “Standard Dual Channel …” driver
Done.

Hope this helps.

I just installed 6.0.8.5 and I got the exact same issue. Came here looking to see if it’s happening to anyone else.

Been using AnyDVD since 5.9.x and it’s always worked flawlessly. I’m quite suprised at this actually.

Tried ticking “Safe Mode,” didn’t work.

Tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, didn’t work.

Checked msinfo32 to make sure anydvd.sys was loaded and running, it is. (RegKill.sys isn’t loaded or running but I believe that’s normal.)

IDE Controller: Intel® 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
IDE Controller Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2600.2180
IDE Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
IDE Drive Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2535.0
SCSI Controller: Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 - Ultra 160 SCSI
SCSI Controller Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2600.2180
SCSI Drive 1: MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D200 SCSI CdRom Device
SCSI Drive 1 Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2535.0
SCSI Drive 2: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1210S SCSI CdRom Device
SCSI Drive 2 Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2535.0

This is the error message:

AnyDVD will then run and all three drive letters show up in the program, but they don’t recognize any inserted DVD’s:

I hope they can fix this problem soon and return the app to its previously flawless performance. :sad:

Hmmmm, one of the guys from work called me last night with this very same problem. It’s a brand new system and he’s never used AnyDVD so he was installing the trial version also and the previously posted error message is also what he read me. His DVD drive (BenQ 1655) is installed and works fine with PowerDVD, Nero, etc. and is navigatable with a data disc in it. AnyDVD claims there’s no drive present though. I also suggested the safe mode and he said it didn’t work. I’ll have to send him a copy of 6.0.8.2 and see if it works for him. If it doesn’t I’ll see if I can get over to his place in the next few days and see what’s up.

I assume everbody has re-booted
as that is the screen i got prior to re-booting

My friend claimed he did - even followed the error screen a couple times, i.e. he uninstalled AnyDVD, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and still had the problem.

I’ll try to get over and take a look at it in the next few days.

Just doing a net search I found that this has been a problem in the past and there’s been a thread here on CDFreaks about it, check:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=181010

I rebooted.

have you set your drive to the region your from ?

I just got an email from my friend . . . he had previously installed 6.0.8.2 and it worked fine. He only had it installed a couple days and then tried to upgrade to the 6.0.8.5. He wondered if upgrading during the trial period is what caused it. He did save the 6.0.8.2 (I also emailed it to him) and when he reverted back to it everything works fine. He hasn’t tried the procedure in the old thread I dug up and probably wont till later tonight.

It does seem to be a bug, and one that’s been seen before. As commented in the other thread, it’s probably from the attempt to make it more compatible with the drive drivers (so people don’t have to use safe mode).

If people run Zone alarm 6+
try setting the program security level to highest trusted level
this is different from the internet acces option
this update had a major exe change and it is possible that zone alarm or similar progs that monitor program execution are disabled for letting SS progs run
This is a known issue with ZA pro6+

as an alternative turn off ZA

this is why it is is essential that people with probs post all error message, their OS and bootup programs as a minum of initial ifo required

set Drive region code manually as BJ suggested to match your majority dvd type. this must be doen with AD turned off

if that all fails
try resetting the ide channel and cd/dvd drives
turn AD off go to Device manager
unistall the optical drives
then

uninstal the secondary ide channel (or the channel the drives are on)
it will re-construct itself on re-boot

hope one of those will help

Mine works fine.

This not a me too mine works fine thread
Thank you very much

My drive region is set to region 1.

I’m not running Zone Alarm, not am I running any kind of firewall on the machine with AnyDVD.

I have not yet tried the procedure in the other thread, but that seems to be fixing a problem where system drivers fail to install due to them not being removed when uninstalling the previous version. I actually log all installs with Ashampoo Uninstaller, which takes a snapshot of the system both before and after a program is installed. When I uninstalled 6.0.8.2, after running the AnyDVD uninstaller, I also used Ashampoo Uninstaller to completely revert the system back to the previous state, and I double checked to make sure all drivers and files that 6.0.8.2 installed were not on the system before installing 6.0.8.5.

OK, this is really strange.

I tried installing AnyDVD 6.0.8.5 on a laptop (IBM ThinkPad A30P). It worked fine. Rebooted several times. It worked fine.

As part of troubleshooting, I suspected it might be some kind of problem with Nero. I had an older version of Nero already on the laptop and I uninstalled it. After rebooting, the laptop now has the “No DVD Drive detected” problem!!

Again, I did check msinfo32 and anydvd.sys shows as “running.”

Damn! I wish I knew what changed after uninstalling Nero to cause this! :doh:

Has anybody tried installing Aspi layers
is it possible the aspi layers get corrotp somehow
I know nero has its own
try this link

I just ran aspichk.exe on the laptop and it returned all ok:

Could someone who has AnyDVD 6.0.8.5 working please post a screenshot of the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Here you go I think this is what you were asking for.