Still Can't Burn Underworld Evolutions with Updated Version 5.9.6.3

vbimport

Hi guys, I just updated my trial version of AnyDVD to the latest after encountering trouble with Underwold Evolution but I still can’t get a copy. I’ve been using recode and it’s been fine until this DVD. Recode hangs up after I click on the TS folder (prolonged hourglass) until I finally close out the program. I see the disc symbol in recode and the Underworld title beside it but that’s it. Any ideas on why? The dvd is the widescreen Anamorphic version. I’m running AnyDvd with safe mode off. Do I need to change something in AnyDvd or in Recode to get the one to burn? Oh I’m running recode in the fit to disc mode one a DVD5, single layer disc. BTW…I have my antivirus software turned off while trying to burn it too, so that’s not the problem.

Please send .ifo files:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1333652&postcount=60

Thank you.

I copied R1 version of this disc last yesterday with no problems. Had AnyDVD 5.9.6.3 running and copied the files to the HD. Ran it thru Recode 2.3.0.8 and copied it in “full disc” mode into files. Loaded the files in PowerDVD to check it out and then burned them to a disc with Nero 7.2.0.3. Watched it last night and all was well.

I copied R1 version of this disc last yesterday with no problems. Had AnyDVD 5.9.6.3 running and copied the files to the HD. Ran it thru Recode 2.3.0.8 and copied it in “full disc” mode into files. Loaded the files in PowerDVD to check it out and then burned them to a disc with Nero 7.2.0.3. Watched it last night and all was well.

Well from looking at the Nero Log I’m running Nero API version: 6.6.0.14
Using interface version: 6.6.0.9. on Windows XP 5.1 My nero is set to run preview within the program. My version of Nero Is an OEM version that came with the burner.

Please send .ifo files:

I see you call for disabling AnyDvd. So do I insert the movie, then go to the folder the movies in and copy ifo files from there? Sorry to sound stupid here but I was using a one click program before this one so I’m kinda new to all this.

How to send in IFO’s

1.) [B]DISABLE AnyDVD [/B] (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don’t forget it)
5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

i hope this helps

Yes it does help, one finally question though. How do I zip the files to send them?

use a programe called winzip or winrar, highlight all the IFO’s, right click one of them and select winzip, then add to [B]XXXXXXX[/B].zip

[B]xxxxx[/B] is the movie title

I used to use Nero Recode but Clonedvd2 works much better and smoother with Anydvd. It’s well worth the money!

Btw, I backed up Underworld and Firewall (movie only) with ease using Anydvd 5.9.6.3 and Clonedvd2.

At that time Underworld Evolution was released my AnyDVD was 5.9.6.3. I had no problem backing this movie WS R1

The problem is not in the main movie but in one of the extras. It causes Shrink to fail and it will result in an error message if you attempt to copy or read that particular file in CloneDVD. If you rip with AnyDVD and burn with Clone and skip the extras, all is well.

BINGO, that was exactly the issue. Unfortunately for me though, Nero wouldn’t open it even so I could pick “just” the move and disable the extras. It would freeze up and not even display the files. It did the same thing with DVD Cloner (which also has a ripped off version of Shrink built into it’s program, which I only recently discovered. I finally used the ripper in AnyDvD, burned it to harddrive, compiled it in Nero in a new folder, then used the compile your own DVD, picked JUST the movie and it DID burn.

I do have another question though, I noticed even when Nero’s preview screen was showing the movie from the harddrive, as it analysed it that the picture occassionally froze for second, my burned copy does that too, in the same spots. Any thoughts on why? I had my antivirus turned off, I’m running a new Sony external 16x dual layer Not hooked up via firewire but through the other method, burner on a Dell Dim 2400 with Celeron ® CPU 2.4 gig, 256 meg of ram. I have about 42 processes running in the background (according to device manager) CPU usage between 2 and 8 and PF usage at about 283, Available physical memory 61,500. Any thoughts on possible causes for the momentary freezes?

I rarely see your problem but I would have to assume you have a significant bunching of errors and your players are stopped while trying to play past. As you have a Sony, it is most likely a Liteon burner so your could use CDSpeed to scan for errors, probably due to a media/drive problem.

@ Lin731,

It appears that you have a lot of processes running in the background. To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg

I backed up a whole movie on 1st disc and movie only on 2nd disc with no problem.

There seems to be a lot of disparity here. I back up a R1 NTSC USA disc, with all extras, using AnyDVD 5.9.6.3 & Recode. There was no problem and it played fine, including the extras (yes, I watched them). I went back and tried it with ANyDVD 6.0.0.4 & CloneDVD 2.8.9.9 as a test and again, no problems. Maybe a bad batch of discs? Software conflicts?

Something seems odd.

• Some seems to have problems with extras, others don’t
  • some seems to be a NTSC/PAL problem, others not

I now see others are having trouble with Firewall as well. Again, it did just fine for me and I used AnyDVD 6.0.0.4 & CloneDVD 2.8.9.9 to do it.

EDIT:

Let me add, I did rip the disc to the HD each time before I attempted to compress the files. I then output to files and tested in PowerDVD except for the times I burnt each to disc and that was using Nero. Maybe on-the-fly copying is mucking it up.

I rarely see your problem but I would have to assume you have a significant bunching of errors and your players are stopped while trying to play past. As you have a Sony, it is most likely a Liteon burner so your could use CDSpeed to scan for errors, probably due to a media/drive problem.

What specifically should I look for with the CDSpeed scan that would indicate what the problem is or isn’t?

@ Lin731,

When conducting a Nero CD-DVD Speed SanDisc surface scan of a recorded (Burned) DVD (DVD±R, DVD±RW, or DVD+DL R) any Bad (Red Sectors) Sectors indicate errors. A quality, properly Burned DVD should not have any Bad (Red Sectors) Sectors errors.

Best Regards,
bjkg

So if it does have bad sectors than it’s a media problem? If no bad sectors are found, then it’s something else? The Sony drive in new, I had seen similar glitched on my Pioneer drive, hense why I bought the Sony BUT I wasn’t using anyDvd, I was using DVD Cloner at the time. SO if I don’t get any bad sectors on the scan, the likely cause of the problem would be what? Thanks for your help, it’s appreciated!

BTW…where do I find the surface scan in nero tools! Argggg…I was looking in where you sent me but I’m not seeing a surface scan.

I agree with bjkg: lots of background junk running in the background with only 256 megs of ram while attempting to burn or play back anything can be pretty brutal.

Available physical memory 61,500

That’s not the greatest situation.

1. More importantly, what version of Recode are you using? I’m not talking about Nero (vague). I’m talking about Recode (specific). The latest version (included with Nero 6) is 2.2.6.17.

2. Register your product here:
    https://register.nero.com/enu/login.asp

Then login; click downloads; click latest updates (left hand side), and update your program.

1. The latest version of Anydvd is 6.0.0.4 (as of this post). Are you using it?

2. Lastly visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650
    and please answer questions 3 through 7.

Thank you

Could be your media or your burner (or a combination thereof), plus a lot of other possibilities . . .

If no bad sectors are found, then it’s something else? The Sony drive in new, I had seen similar glitched on my Pioneer drive, hense why I bought the Sony

You probably shouldn’t have purchased the Sony. But specific model information may be useful here. “Sony” isn’t.

“new” is meaningless. Specific model numbers and firmware versions aren’t meaningless. Also, what blank media are you using?

Please answer questions 3-7 from http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650

And above all else, did you even do what Slysoft requested in this thread?

When James asks you to do something, you do it! :bow: