Steve Jobs has died

vbimport

Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc. has passed away at age 56.

Apple has a simple image posted on their site: http://www.apple.com/
And issued this statement:
“We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.”
“Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.”

Admire him or not, Jobs was a major force in computers and personal electronics since starting Apple in the mid 70’s. His passing leaves a void in leadership and vision in this industry.

Sad news. :frowning:

I’m not an “Apple-person” by any stretch, but the man had a crapload of charisma. He seemed to be able to make people actually listen when he spoke…whether you agreed or not. A major force most definitely. :iagree:

That man was a genius with his own style…a visionary.

I´m also no Apple fan-boy, but he made a difference to how we do things…maybe even to how we think.

:bow:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2606588]That man was a genius with his own style…a visionary.

I´m also no Apple fan-boy, but he made a difference to how we do things…maybe even to how we think.

:bow:[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that statement he was a genius of his time and thinking…differently… I have a love-hate relation with apple just cause of the price they charge for the same software that can be had on PC computers that what prevents me going apple when PC can be had for same software. As for the IPhone and Ipad those are truly unique and will probably be the last legacy of Jobs and will be some time before another Jobs comes around and revolutionize technology again.

i have never owned an Apple product but I had a lot of respect for Jobs. Few people make a mark on the world like he did. He definitely had a knack for seeing into the future and making his visions reality. He died far too young. I wonder what he would have done with another 20-30 years?

[QUOTE=deanimator;2606588]That man was a genius with his own style…a visionary.

:bow:[/QUOTE]There is no denying that, and a very sad day indeed.

I still use an iPod Nano, as it just sounds good, looks and feels good.

One wonders, and perhaps even fears what direction Apple will take now, without his guidance and creativity.

Steve was a legend…its interesting to know he died similar to Randy Pausch with the same disease.

here is the video he made regarding pancreatic cancer.

he will be missed, but life continues.

:iagree:

A great loss for the entire world.

[QUOTE=Dee;2606617]There is no denying that, and a very sad day indeed.

I still use an iPod Nano, as it just sounds good, looks and feels good.

One wonders, and perhaps even fears what direction Apple will take now, without his guidance and creativity.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a great innovator will be lost but if Apply has anything to say I do hope they will keep the innovations coming and it won’t be a Jobs but it will still be the Apple innovations. They got a big shoe to fill but Cook I think should be up to the task. Like before Cook isn’t Jobs so no one should have any illusion there will be a struggle for Apple and its’ image here and around the world but I think his legacy will keep Apple for years to come and they need to be around to push the other technology company to keep innovating and putting out more technologies that push the boundaries of everyone imaginations more and more. I think this will be where Apple will be for years to come and they shouldn’t forget that they are innovators and if they falter it will be very hard to come back. I myself don’t want a company that innovates and pushes everyone else to think outside the box to go cause then we will loose out on all the innovations that is still to come either from Apple or another Jobs or Gates.

Tribute to The Last American Who Knew What the Fuck He Was Doing

…and let´s hope someone at Apple asked him for a few tips about what to do next before he departed!

A few things you may not have known about Steve Jobs

The New York Times obiturary

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2606673]Yes, a great innovator will be lost but if Apply has anything to say I do hope they will keep the innovations coming and it won’t be a Jobs but it will still be the Apple innovations. They got a big shoe to fill but Cook I think should be up to the task. Like before Cook isn’t Jobs so no one should have any illusion there will be a struggle for Apple and its’ image here and around the world but I think his legacy will keep Apple for years to come and they need to be around to push the other technology company to keep innovating and putting out more technologies that push the boundaries of everyone imaginations more and more. I think this will be where Apple will be for years to come and they shouldn’t forget that they are innovators and if they falter it will be very hard to come back. I myself don’t want a company that innovates and pushes everyone else to think outside the box to go cause then we will loose out on all the innovations that is still to come either from Apple or another Jobs or Gates.[/QUOTE]

Man bad grammer again…

My last part of the paragraph should’ve said " I myself do want…"

The first “Crazy Ones” advertisement, narrated by Steve Jobs…1997

This never aired. The version that did was narrated by Richard Dreyfuss.

:bow:

Better order your Steve Jobs turtle neck now http://gawker.com/5847984/theres-a-run-on-the-steve-jobs-turtleneck

…they´re selling like hot cakes…

…and the not so cool stuff… http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

Let’s clear the air I bet he farted too.