Sterio to mono help

vbimport

:sad: - I’ve gone stone deaf in one ear and the other one isnt that good either, so I use headphones when listening to TV & movies.
Trouble is that everything is recorded in Sterio so I miss out one channel - really stuffs up a good song or music track. -
Question - Has anyone got a quick fix or ideas for turning Sterio to Mono? :bow:

[QUOTE=Phill-Avery;2125778]:sad: - I’ve gone stone deaf in one ear and the other one isnt that good either, so I use headphones when listening to TV & movies.
Trouble is that everything is recorded in Sterio so I miss out one channel - really stuffs up a good song or music track. -
Question - Has anyone got a quick fix or ideas for turning Sterio to Mono? :bow:[/QUOTE]
Hello Phill-Avery,
did you try mono headphones or headphones with stereo/mono switch (e.g. Philips SHP2500 or Califone 3068AV). Some TVs and receivers/amplifiers do support mono/stereo switching (stereo channels will be mixed into mono) too.

Hello Phill-Avery,

For watching TV programs on your TV or listening to music from a stereo, I agree with pepst that headphones with a switch would most likely be the best solution.
For watching movies on your TV using a standalone player, many have the option to change to mono in their menu. I believe some TV sets have this option as well.
For a software solution watching or listening to media files on your PC, most software like PowerDVD, Media Player Classic, and VLC have this feature built in.
For example:
Using Media Player Classic: Play/Audio/Options/Audio Switcher
Using VLC: right Click screen/Audio Channels/(choose “right” or “left”)
PowerDVD also has this ability but I don’t recall the path (but it’s quite easy)

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Thanks very much for your interrest - I was’nt aware that mono/sterio headphones were available and I shall certainly follow that up. - I checked the specs of the Philips SHP2500 and this feature didn’t get a mention.
I’m currently using Tandy 900mhz wireless Sterio Headphones.

Hi,

you might have a look at this older thread I found via Google where other people had nearly the same problem:
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/audio/topic2091.html

Michael

[QUOTE=Phill-Avery;2126255]Thanks very much for your interrest - I was’nt aware that mono/sterio headphones were available and I shall certainly follow that up. - I checked the specs of the Philips SHP2500 and this feature didn’t get a mention.
I’m currently using Tandy 900mhz wireless Sterio Headphones.[/QUOTE]

Hi Phill-Avery,
SHP2500 should has a mono/stereo switch (AFAIK), these headphones has it certainly: Philips HP170