Stereo and Joint Stereo On EAC?

vbimport

HI freaks…:iagree:

I need a solution to my problem and confusion.i’m using Exact Audio Copy to rip audio from cd and using 320Kbps VBR joint stereo for output.i need to know that how to rip at stereo not in joint stereo,heard that stereo is set automatically :confused:.

Im using this command line

-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta “%a” --tt “%t” --tl “%g” --ty “%y” --tn “%n” %s %d

320Kbps VBR,this command line rips tracks at joint streo.is there any command line available to rip tracks at stereo and not in joint stereo.

help needed:bow::bow::bow:

i got this suggestion from an old topic from Pio2001 …

[I]You must get the EXE version of Lame. In “compression options / external compression”, check, “use external program for compression”.
Parameter passing scheme : “user defined encoder” (correct me if I’m wrong)
File extension : .mp3
Program used for compression : (browse to your Lame.exe file)
Additional command line options : (here you can set the switch for full stereo, that is “-ms”)
[/I]

wats the command line to use…

noone here in sucha huge forum…pls someone help meee…

Hi desiraj, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I suggest you use the default joint-stereo mode with the LAME encoder - it will produce the best quality compared to size, since it allows the encoder to select between left/right stereo and mid/side stereo for each frame.

Unlike the “joint stereo” of some other encoders, the joint-stereo mode in LAME is NOT a quality-reducing partial merge of the left and right channels for higher frequencies for the sake of saving bits at a cost in quality.

You can find the LAME command line reference here (and other places):
http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/checkout/lame/lame/doc/html/switchs.html

[B]-m s/j/f/d/m[/B][B] stereo mode[/B]
Joint-stereo is the default mode for input files featuring two channels… [B][I]

stereo[/I][/B]
In this mode, the encoder makes no use of potentially existing correlations between the two input channels. It can, however, negotiate the bit demand between both channel, i.e. give one channel more bits if the other contains silence or needs less bits because of a lower complexity.

[I][B]joint stereo[/B][/I]
In this mode, the encoder will make use of correlation between both channels. The signal will be matrixed into a sum (“mid”), computed by L+R, and difference (“side”) signal, computed by L-R, and more bits are allocated to the mid channel.
This will effectively increase the bandwidth if the signal does not have too much stereo separation, thus giving a significant gain in encoding quality. In joint stereo, the encoder can select between Left/Right and Mid/Side representation on a frame basis.

Using mid/side stereo inappropriately can result in audible compression artifacts. To much switching between mid/side and regular stereo can also sound bad. To determine when to switch to mid/side stereo, LAME uses a much more sophisticated algorithm than that described in the ISO documentation, and thus is safe to use in joint stereo mode.

[B][I]forced joint stereo [/I][/B]
This mode will force MS joint stereo on all frames. It’s slightly faster than joint stereo, but it should be used only if you are sure that every frame of the input file has very little stereo separation.

[B][I]dual channels [/I][/B]
In this mode, the 2 channels will be totally independently encoded. Each channel will have exactly half of the bitrate. This mode is designed for applications like dual languages encoding (ex: English in one channel and French in the other). Using this encoding mode for regular stereo files will result in a lower quality encoding.

[B][I]mono[/I][/B]
The input will be encoded as a mono signal. If it was a stereo signal, it will be downsampled to mono. The downmix is calculated as the sum of the left and right channel, attenuated by 6 dB.

Thanks Dragemester for your reply here…

I know joint stereo produces the best quality.but i’ve some old albums here which requires some extra noise,so that i need to rip’em in stereo format so that will be better.

Im using this command line for ripping(320Kbps ~VBR)
-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta “%a” --tt “%t” --tl “%g” --ty “%y” --tn “%n” %s %d

can anyone repair this command line (Including id3v2)to the stereo ouput.

Thanks

desiraj

Add -ms and you’ll be using stereo mode.

Where to Add.???

[QUOTE=desiraj;2074778] i’ve some old albums here which requires some extra noise[/QUOTE]

:confused::confused::confused:

[QUOTE=desiraj;2075332]Where to Add.???[/QUOTE]

In the command line!

Where to add in the command line,i mean after which charecter in the command line i should give - ms!

Where to add? DON’T. There is no reason why you should use -ms rather than Joint Stereo. Joint Stereo is better, period.

I know it buddy…but some of the albums i ripped dont have much noise…pls
provide me the command line to rip in full stereo,simply i want to know it

Normally, it doesn’t matter where in the line a specific command occurs. The whole line is parsed, and the individual commands operated on from there.

According to [B]juancdg [/B]above, why not use:

-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 [B]-ms [/B]–ta “%a” --tt “%t” --tl “%g” --ty “%y” --tn “%n” %s %d

[QUOTE=desiraj;2078261]I know it buddy…but some of the albums i ripped dont have much noise…pls[/QUOTE]
That isn’t a reason to be using left-right stereo.