Steps for conecting up sata controller + samsung drive

Would someone please give me steps or good directions to connecting a sata controller and samsung drive coneccted to it… I have already inserted the Controller in the PCI slots and is recanzied in devise maneger but how do i set the samsung drive to it i (only) want the samsung drive connected to the controller. bios is not detecting the sata controller ethier or i think.

Just connect the drive to the controller using an ordinary Sata cable.
And don’t forget connecting the drive to the PSU either. :wink:

[QUOTE=flash_banggoo;2301460]Would someone please give me steps or good directions to connecting a sata controller and samsung drive coneccted to it… I have already inserted the Controller in the PCI slots and is recanzied in devise maneger but how do i set the samsung drive to it i (only) want the samsung drive connected to the controller. bios is not detecting the sata controller ethier or i think.[/QUOTE]

I had that same problem too you have to go into control panel and administrative tool then to computer management then to storage then to disk management. There you should be able to set your sata drive up so the computer O/S will find it. But since you didn’t say what O/S your using I am only referring to XP pro sp3. Oh yeah and make sure you have SP3 at least so it will see the larger drive. This is the only way I got my PCI Sata controller card to get windows to see and format and access the sata drive. For some odd reason if you don’t do those steps you will see the drive on the BIOS but not in the O/S. I know took me awhile to figure this out only by accident I did those steps and saw the drive. When I did that it said to initialize the HDD once I did that Win say it.

he wants to connect an optical drive :wink:

So OP is it a optical or HDD your talking about??? Cause I know samsung do make HDD drive…