Step by step

vbimport

Please assume that I am a complete jack ass!!!

Using DVD Shrink, NERO 6 (latest version), NEC 2500 external DVD burner (I will be getting that in a few days), Shintaro DVD media and a new computer 6 weeks old, can someone explain in simple English and step by step how to go about steeting everything up and making my own DVD movies with original DVD movies??

I installed a full version of NERO 6 and after installation it does have the DVD burning functions. I am assuming that because I do not have the DVD burner attached as yet, it recognises that and so did not install that component. Can someone advise me on everything so far?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone ask for help before really needing it … Kind of putting the cart before the horse don’t you think?
You could start by looking up the movies you want to copy & seeing what kind of protection if any they all have & logging them in order of easiest to hardest to copy when you actually get set up to burn. Clear hard drive space for DVD ripping. Reading threads on NEC-2500A drives. You should also try using a more descriptive header to start off your future threads, it’ll help you out in the long run.

Best of luck!

I’ve always found the guides at http://dvdshrink.info to be of perticular usefulness.

I got my burner today, plugged it in (external NEC 2500). Yesterday I used DVD shrink on two movies. It gave me two files for each movie (audio_ts and video _ts). For some reason, only the video_ts file contains anything.

Anyway, today I used the the latest version of NERO 6 to try and burn the info onto an empty DVD media. This is what I did.

1. Double click Nero StartSmart.
  2. Chose Nero Burning ROM option in the top left hand corner.
  3. Chose the DVD Video option again on the left hand side.
  4. Hit “new”
  5. Hit the “switches to Nero Express” button.
  6. Opened up the red coloured Video_ts file.
  7. Hit add and added all the files from the “shrunk” video_ts file of the movie.
  8. Gave the file a name and chose burning speed inserted empty media and pressed burn.

Are these all the correct steps or have I missed something. The first time I did this, as it got to 100%, it could not complete burn and froze. Not sure why?

HELP PLEASE!!!

The Audio_TS file is only for DVD Audio and should be left empty for movies.

Use this guide http://dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php.

Also if you are having problems with the burn completing make sure you have the latest firmware installed for your drive to ensure its capable of burning to the latest media. Also consider looking into better media than Shintaro if they are giving you problems.

There is no substitute for good media.