Step Brothers (Sony product)

vbimport

Anyone else having problems with the movie Step Brothers??? I tried copying it in Main Movie Only mode on a single layer, which was plenty of room left on the disc, and was created without any problems. However, I got disc error messages on my player. This is the first problem I’ve encountered with a Sony product. I haven’t downloaded the new Beta version yet, but from the description of improvements with the new Beta, it wouldn’t address this problem anyway. Any suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

rack85

[quote=rack85;2170110]Anyone else having problems with the movie Step Brothers??? I tried copying it in Main Movie Only mode on a single layer, which was plenty of room left on the disc, and was created without any problems. However, I got disc error messages on my player. This is the first problem I’ve encountered with a Sony product. I haven’t downloaded the new Beta version yet, but from the description of improvements with the new Beta, it wouldn’t address this problem anyway. Any suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

rack85[/quote]
Let me guess you are using the default burn engine? I did this movie with no problems and it plays perfectly but I have the latest beta and used nero as the burn engine.

Ah…I didn’t realize there were issues with the default burn engine. I’m going to have to download NERO’s version or another burn engine and try it. Thank you GJ for your advice!

You can set it to use ImgBurn.

Thanks Dialysis1…I’ll try that and see what happens.

Yes you can use imgburn, sorry I forgot to mention that and it free.

D1 & GJ…Thanks a bunch for your imput regarding the writing issue! The IMGburn worked great! Crystal clear on all counts. I’m still a newbie and learning more and more everyday, but knowing that this forum has the greatest people around for support makes it great for everyone. It’s my hope to one day become as helpful as you two and actually contribute to the cause.

If you have a problem with dvdfab just play with the settings until no more problems. Also do some research by reading the threads that are listed on the forum as that what I did when I started using dvdfab. I have not had a problem yet that was not fixable

RACK85
I also had no problem with this title. I used the new version
of dvdfab. Post your log it could just be the media your
using.
ZAP.:slight_smile:

Hello Zap… I thought of that as well, so I swiched out my Maxell media for Sony. Same result, however. I was successful on my second attempt after getting recommendations from Dialysis1 and GJ. I merely had to change the burn engine and that did it for me. I’m getting more familiar with DVD FAB’s features and how to tweak them a bit. I love how Sony keeps us on our toes! :oP Thank you for your advice Zap!

-rack85

Hello, I actually have a different problem with my step brothers dvd. I’m trying to back it up and it doesn’t even show up in my DVD Rom. The little disc comes on and then just blinks and tells me no media is in the player. Has anyone else come up with this problem?

Does it play? It could be a bad pressing.

I had that issue a couple of weeks ago, but not with Step Brothers. Have you been switching DVDFab versions for different burns??? It may be as simple as just rebooting your computer and starting over. That worked for me on that issue. Regarding Step Brothers, the 5.2.2.0. or the 5.2.1.2. beta versions should work fine for your burn with pathplayer enabled with IMBburn. Single layer copied fine with regular compression.

Not to kick a dead horse but IMG burn and DVD fab with pathfinder enabled work fine.