Steinberg wavelab 4.0 what clone settings?

ok want to make a backup of this disc and im confused. clony 2.0.0.6 says its def.sektoren load clone take image burn image not recognised when installed. you get the picture. anyway the disc has a ring about 10mm from the outer edge of the data side. any ideas or software to backup this puppy.

The other 2 crossposts :frowning: are removed

Originally posted by Cypher007
ok want to make a backup of this disc and im confused. clony 2.0.0.6 says its def.sektoren load clone take image burn image not recognised when installed. you get the picture. anyway the disc has a ring about 10mm from the outer edge of the data side. any ideas or software to backup this puppy.
It sounds like Ring Protect which is also found on the Oz version, and some other regions, of Iron Storm. Since I can’t get the game to run, something about loading a Library file, I have no idea if CloneCD can do it. I’ve imaged and written to disc but it’s useless unless I get the game running.

The read log shows four error sectors at about 96 or 97% (from memory) then LaserLock-like errors on each disc. The IBSS default of 100 was a bit slow so I changed it to 500 and got a slightly faster read. Use the default Proteced CD profile.

i still cant backup this disk im now trying the following settings in clone:

1. data, read speed=1x sub ch=on regernerate data=on
  2. audio, read speed=1x sub ch=on read first session=off
  3. error skip, fast error skip=off intelligent bad sector scan=off

i think this is gonna take some time :wink:

for some reason every time i try standard setting like the above suggestion i get no valid cd appear towards the end of the install. so im guessing i need to accurately map to the nearest sector the bad area (ring)? any ideas on this. should i try another prog e.g. alcohol

what is your reader and burner?

its a ricoh mp7200a rev 1.30. i have managed to copy it using the above settings, but it nead clonecd tray on to work properly, i think my burner has a problem burning weak sectors, so ill try setting this to amplify instead of ingnore.

And you can also reflash your burner to firmware 1.10…IMHO,I think it has better weak sector handling…With this firmware I could easily backup Max Payne,working in my burner…1.30 produced only coasters…

if CCD fails; among the features of the latest version there is: Support Proring (I think it’s another name to call Ring Protech).