Starting 5/18/03 Cendyne 52x24x52 cdrw 18.00 + tax or less!

Starting Sunday Morning 5/18/03 do not attempt before this time !!

at staples.com search for item #495419 add to cart… 79.99 - 22.00
instant rebate - 40.00 mail in rebate = 17.99 + tax (free shipping on orders of 50.00 or more as the drive is over that before rebate it applies :slight_smile: )

Link to Drive

at check out try one of these coupon codes… no guarantee here as I am not certain of expiration dates but no harm in trying… if one does not work try another …

15.00 off 75.00 codes

10.00 off 50.00 code

add item # 451085-UB for a free duffel bag on orders over 50.00

best case scenario here is you get the burner and duffle bag for about 3.00 + tax on 79.00

good luck :slight_smile:

Originally posted by lagger
[B]Starting Sunday Morning 5/18/03 do not attempt before this time !!

at staples.com search for item #495419 add to cart… 79.99 - 22.00
instant rebate - 40.00 mail in rebate = 17.99 + tax (free shipping on orders of 50.00 or more as the drive is over that before rebate it applies :slight_smile: )

Link to Drive

at check out try one of these coupon codes… no guarantee here as I am not certain of expiration dates but no harm in trying… if one does not work try another …

15.00 off 75.00 codes

10.00 off 50.00 code

add item # 451085-UB for a free duffel bag on orders over 50.00

best case scenario here is you get the burner and duffle bag for about 3.00 + tax on 79.00

good luck :slight_smile: [/B]

Just went to Staples and they are stocked up on the 52x24x52. Several model #'s though. Anyone know if the model#5224W is a LiteOn?:wink:

Only way you will know for sure is to look at the drive. The Cendynes used to have a LiteOn number on the box.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Only way you will know for sure is to look at the drive. The Cendynes used to have a LiteOn number on the box.

This one (5224W) was the closest to a LiteOn #. I saw several others and yes I’ve seen them with the Lite On # before. If I look at the drive itself do I look for a LiteOn # on the drive, or is there anything else to identify it as a LiteOn ?
Also If I get one will it take the firmware updates like a LiteOn or do you have to use Mktflash? (Never used it before:confused: )

None of the other drives look like the LiteOn, different faceplate.

If I get one will it take the firmware updates like a LiteOn or do you have to use Mktflash?

Probably have to use MTKFlash, or one of the fixed flashers, but just one time.

10.00 off worked like a charm.

8.00 for cdrw

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
If I look at the drive itself do I look for a LiteOn # on the drive, or is there anything else to identify it as a LiteOn ?

Also If I get one will it take the firmware updates like a LiteOn or do you have to use Mktflash?

Ligntning V is a rebadged LiteOn. In any ID utility/ burning SW it will appear as the LiteOn 52246S.
Check the drive’s sticker on the top if possible.

Yes, you then can flash it regularly in Windows, with the Flash Program for LiteOns.

maybe it is maybe it isn’t read this post from dslreports.com

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6859217~root=hotdeals~mode=flat;start=20

CenDyne Lightning V 52/24/52 CD-RW

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]
Ligntning V is a rebadged LiteOn. In any ID utility/ burning SW it will appear as the LiteOn 52246S.
Check the drive’s sticker on the top if possible.

Yes, you then can flash it regularly in Windows, with the Flash Program for LiteOns. [/B]

Thanks BoSkin, Searched for the LiteOn and could not find one. Anyhow I couldn’t resist the price and picked up the 5224W(Atapi)
and flashed it with the Benq F.FZ firmware. It will not work with Feurio! (No driver compatible with it) , but it works great with Clonecd. I’ve burned a few protected disks with it, With Nero it works fine. And I’ve extracted and burned protected disks with Poikosoft. I then checked all for C-2 errors with k-probe using my 48125W burner. All tested with no errors. Ran DAE test with CDspeed and tested 100%. So no LiteOn:( But something to play with till I get the LiteOn DVD Burner!

staples now lists this item as “out of stock”:frowning:

Originally posted by logik
staples now lists this item as “out of stock”:frowning:
You have to be quick when such stuff is being advertised. But don’t you worry, this is not the last occassion.

I just got mine from Staples in one day! It’s a Asus 5224A. Guess it’s all luck in getting either a Liteon or Asus. I read Cendyne is rebadging drives from 3 different companies somewhere. My question is, which firmware should i use? Reviews on Cendyne, Asus, and Liteon all differ. And if I use Liteon firmware, then it should perform as a Liteon 52X CDRW rite? and forget that it was ever a Cendyne or Asus rite? Just need some clarification and advice on which to use. Thanks!

you can’t use lite-on firmware with an asus drive

you can’t use lite-on firmware with an asus drive

Sure you can, if you want to kill it and get an RMA…:bigsmile:

Got mine yesterday by UPS and installed today. There were no other stickers,numbers,etc. except Cendyne’s on unit or box. It shows up as Cendyne 522452AU in all programs. I’m guessing it is rebadged ASUS from the AU and the fact it ripped through a SD 2.8 game in 3:30 with CCD.
I’m happy with mine considering cost less than $10 with free shipping.:bigsmile:

If the firmware is identified as 1.20 or 1.35, it’s an Asus.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
If the firmware is identified as 1.20 or 1.35, it’s an Asus.

It’s 1.20, so is it safe to flash this drive with Asus firmware?

is it safe to flash this drive with Asus firmware?

Have you checked the Cendyne site for firmware updates? Usually they re-direct you to the appropriate drive maker’s firmware. Look at a photo of the Asus drive and see if yours matches. I’ve noticed that the photos of the Asus have changed, some have 2 lights, some have one.