Starting 101

Hey everyone, how is it going?
Well here I am starting with DVD business. I did not start early for the sole reason that my previous computer did not offer me enough “juice” for me to be able to rip and burn well.

So I got couple questions regarding the media.
Take note that my DVDRW is the Plextor 716AL/SW

So i read that on some burners i.e plextor, the ability to have close to pressed roms is better acheived with DVD+R media. That is that for compatibility DVD+R is better.

So my question is, i am looking to buy Taiyo Yuden DVD media, but I am debatting whether or not I should buy DVD+R or DVD-R (or 50 or both)
My burning is going to be for console games (ps2/xbox) as well movies.

What do you guys recommand?

Also, I read about the software called MovieJack 5. Is this a good software to burn 1:1 or close to 1:1 dvds? (for non Dual Layered and Dual Layered Dvds)?

Where could I start to read off the mechanism, how to rip a movie correctly, modify it (i.e own menus, etc)

Thanks a lot
D0MZE

So my question is, i am looking to buy Taiyo Yuden DVD media, but I am debatting whether or not I should buy DVD+R or DVD-R (or 50 or both)
My burning is going to be for console games (ps2/xbox) as well movies.

I buy dvd+r and then let the Plaxtor change the booksetting to dvd-rom. I believe that increases compatibilty. As far as ps2 games, i’ve found dvd-r to be better.

Also, I read about the software called MovieJack 5. Is this a good software to burn 1:1 or close to 1:1 dvds? (for non Dual Layered and Dual Layered Dvds)?

To do 1:1 copies, you need a good ripper (i use dvd decrypter) to copy the dvd as an .iso. You can then use dvd decrypter to burn the iso. You can also use imgburn which is an updated version of the burn engine in dvd decrypter.To get close to 1:1 copies, i use dvd rebuilder to compress the movies.